MacRetro chat and rides thread

Found another venue for you west coasters with a couple of interesting trails.
They're at Glenbranter Forest near Dunoon.
One is called the Twister which comprises a forest road climb with a purpose built single track descent about a 4 mile loop.
Another is called the Water splash and is about 5.5 miles.

Also at Craik Forest in the Borders near Hawick, more central is the Crib Law Trail which is more old school and graded intermediate about 11 miles.

I think basic facilities exist at the carparks for both these venues.

Check out the forestry commision site for woodlands that offer cycling trails, there is a lot more than just the 7 Stanes.

Cheers

Velo

I liked Drumlanrig but it not a Glentress clone.

The trails are natural unsurfaced ones without artificial features ie no berms etc, there is only one bombhole I know of but its unnerving !
Lots of roots too so grippy tyres with good mud clearance are advised.
In season there is a cafe and I believe showers are available.

Distance for me is only slightly further than for you and is easy enough for me to get to.

I'm up for a Drumlanrig trip whenever but as always Saturdays are my preference.

Cheers

Since I'm a lover of list how about a prospective outing list?

Jedburgh
All the 7stanes
Drumlanrig
SSUK

Velo to add hit quote and delete as appropriate :D

Kiaser list

Hi mates
Iam going to be at:
Jedburgh

maybe Drumlanrig, depends when it is but it has always looked interesting.
I am slowly coming round to SSUK after gaz put the idea into my head. I am currently putting the old 94 Stumpy together as a single speed with some cool bars I tried at Aviemore.
Is there a plan for SSUK? from the macretro clan I mean?
Anyway I will definately be at Jedburgh.

Jamie

Re: Kiaser list

Jamiedyer":b7iycu9u said:
I am slowly coming round to SSUK after gaz put the idea into my head. I am currently putting the old 94 Stumpy together as a single speed with some cool bars I tried at Aviemore.
Is there a plan for SSUK? from the macretro clan I mean?

Jamie have a look at the SSUK thread, off the top of my head Me, Gazz, AC, Velo, Jimi, possibly davedownhill and the ken are goingm the thread has more info. Even considered a team shirt. :D Drumlanrig could be the ideal SS try out, as Velo raced at the UK(?) champs event there before.

You'll need to post some pics of the Stumpy. I on the other hand now need a new frame for singlespeeding, after deciding to sell the Saracen. :?

Back