Suntour Command Shifters, 3 x 6 speed, never fitted

midlifecrashes

Retro Newbie
Got these a couple of years ago in order to get rid of the down shifters on a Super Galaxy, but ended up fitting RSX STIs instead, leaving these siting around in the cellar. The shifters sit inboard of the hoods so you can change gear from most hand positions using the big wingnut levers. Not so huge as to get in the way of a reasonable bar bag either. The box is still here in two pieces, but the instructions, cables and original fitting bolts have gone AWOL. I have a pdf of the instructions, but once you have them in your hands you can see how they go anyway. Right side indexed(6) or friction, left side ratcheted friction. Anyone know where I can find a good home for these, and how much I should be asking? Thanks for looking. Have pics for later.

DSCF3254.jpg

DSCF3246.jpg

next pic from googling since I've not fitted mine.
Cockpit_von_oben.jpg

Oops, had meant to put these in the "how much?" thread, but seem to have started afresh. Any mods feel free to move it, sorry.

What's the hand trouble, cheesy? You can certainly push and pull these from several angles, or even grab the lot if you mount it in the right place.

I've got a pair of brake levers with gear bosses on the side to take them (or the Shimano equvalent) if anyone is interested. You can have them for postage.

Back