How much seatpost is too much?

pete_mcc":23aj5eo1 said:
Oh, and it needs a Salsa cromo ahead stem!

Just stuck on the original steelman stem and a black seatpost - looks a bit better. Agree the fastback stays accentuate the longish post.

Anyhow will at least give it a few rides (if it ever warms up and gets dry) to see what it's like (and see if I can get used to the look - the aesthetic is important imho) :D

Attachments

• 07012009139.jpg
    07012009139.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,410
John":3excuiwu said:
pete_mcc":3excuiwu said:
Oh, and it needs a Salsa cromo ahead stem!

Just stuck on the original steelman stem and a black seatpost - looks a bit better. Agree the fastback stays accentuate the longish post.

Perfect! Oh and if you stick on a saddle pack that'll reduce the visible length of the post!

Will you keep the bars/brake levers at that angle? It looks like it'll be hard to pull the brakes while on the drops!

I think the frame looks a tad too small for you, since both the seatpost and the stem is elevated to such an extent.
A little larger frame with a shorter stem would make a better fit, but you have gotten it to fit in a way so it will work :) Just won't be perfect ;)
Another thing is the way it looks: From a classic standpoint it shows waay too much seatpost :)

Traditionally, for frames with level top tubes, yes.
That doesn't mean it's wrong though.
Do you actually like riding it set up like that?

chris667":15mmizr6 said:
Traditionally, for frames with level top tubes, yes.
That doesn't mean it's wrong though.
Do you actually like riding it set up like that?

No, it's not wrong :D Just looks a little untraditional or something along those lines.

It's definitely too small for you, and the right size for me (seen this offered for sale on different forums over the last few months - been tempted). Therefore I think you should sell it to me for next to nowt!!

Seriously though, If it's comfortable then fine. I used to ride in a position like this all the time when I rode 8000miles a year with no problems. I was in my twenties then, now I'm easily the far side of thirty it's a no go for my neck and hands.

Back