Ugly Tranny

I'd like this much more without that softtail thing. I have visions of the lower section coming apart. It'll be like the cartoons where the rear half of the bike overtakes the front half. :LOL: :LOL:

Their so-called copper metallic paint looks more like metallic red to me.

Also what's with the hour glass section on the seat tube? Either make it the same size all the way down or fit a BB mounted front mech.

Erm...is it me....but I don't think it is a soft tail....isn't that just the way to adjust the chain tension?
Still frigging ugly pug though :LOL:

Harryburgundy":3li6l8ib said:
Erm...is it me....but I don't think it is a soft tail....isn't that just the way to adjust the chain tension?

Yes - just a way to adjust chainstay length. And possibly a way to fit a carbon drive belt system :cool: , (though I can't actually be sure from the photographs whether it would be possible).

Andy R":3h5cjhvr said:
Harryburgundy":3h5cjhvr said:

Yes - just a way to adjust chainstay length. And possibly a way to fit a carbon drive belt system :cool: , (though I can't actually be sure from the photographs whether it would be possible).

And, having found a better photograph I can see that it's not belt drive friendly (unfortunately - a missed opportunity for Ibis, I would have thought?).
Doesn't look that ugly to me though.... I'd give one houseroom :cool:

Attachments

• Ibis-2.jpg
    Ibis-2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 618
what the fook has s&s got to do with an adjustable tension rear end :? you cant surely be comparing a bolt on rear end with stainless couplings in the main triangle :? where does the chain go on a tranny ? the wheel would have to come out thus negating any kind of convenience implied

gotta keep pedaling the shite to the masses so they buy buy buy , cant market a slot in a dropout after all :LOL:

and beer tastes shit regardless of the receptical , people need to come to terms with that

Blimey!! Steve its friday my friend. :LOL:

I do agree, the bike industry is and has been treading water for a while.

But i just think about all those punters that get sucked in. It makes me smile to imagine that in ten years or so, this tat will be collectable by sad buffers like us! :wink

Did i say it's friday?

Al.

I ordered one of these from STIF last June,they were 'supposed' to be delivered from Ibis in the Autumn,haha,i waited until January this year when i had another excuse from Ibis(not STIF i might add as they were brilliant in the matter) saying "probably March now" .... :shock: told them to stick it and bought the Merida instead.

A friend of mine who works in the cycle industry has said its probably a problem with the b/b area being over-engineered and fragile why theyre taking so long to deliver and pissing a lot of people off.

As for the looks of it ,i like it obviously i wouldnt have ordered one :D

I'm sorry Andy,hope your recovery from mentalness goes well! ;)

Al.

got me thinking ...

Might open a factory manufacturing handlebar ashtrays. Anyone interested?

Any other crap .. sorry solutions .. that might be required?

Back