1990 Marin Eldridge Grade (updated 23/4 nearly finished)

There is a 91 Marin brochure on here for download :D Defo shows the darker grey / coloured logos / afterburners.

I have never seen a 90 version but would be really interested if anyone has one ? I am pretty sure that both mine and the above bikes would be in it as the 89's were gloss colours (I think) :?

My frame number for referance is M904010468 :D

Edited - because I cant spell without smellchecker :oops:

1989 was plain gloss colours mainly, and didn't include the Eldridge grade within its line up. Eldridge was introduced in 1990 I think, and the colour scheme above does seem right. The decals are consistent with 1990 as well.
Different countries can report different frame colours apparently. Splatter paint was often seen in showrooms in the late 80's but never in the brochure. After 1991 all the bikes specs seem the same across Europe and America.

WD pro and myself are able to pool resources on decals next week and hopefully be able to sort out most of the requirements for early Marins.

Benandemu":2kj9r1k6 said:
Different countries can report different frame colours apparently. Splatter paint was often seen in showrooms in the late 80's but never in the brochure. After 1991 all the bikes specs seem the same across Europe and America.

Just noticed the two cataloges in the archive for 91. The uk one with '£1.25' on the cover showing a lovely dark zolatone eldridge but the yankee cataloge shows a yellow with pink splatter bike. just like you said different paints for different countries.

i think the serial numbers must have been a different format pre 91 as mine are obviously 1990's yet the third number on one is a 0 and the other has a 1.
Stil confused as to why one frame has a 8digit number and a 10 digit number yet the other has one 9 digit number. i think i have a friday afternoon frame! :D

One of the 1990 range! USA version.

art_print_misc_mmb_413.jpg

seeing as it wasnt raining or freezing cold today (for a change) i got outside and did a bit of prep on the frame

hello nitromors goodbye zolatone

Image000.jpg

been doing some more spraying.

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

sorry about the low quality fots, it was a bit spur of the moment.

tommorrow should be fitting the new decals so will get the camera out and take some real shots.

Just finished printing the new decals for various ongoing projects including some for the eldridge.

Image008.jpg

tange seattube and fork logos
Image009.jpg

marin seatube logo
Image010.jpg

Nice work! I will have a look at mine for the serial number. It is supposed to be a 90 which had original splatter paint. It has been repainted in 95 with colors of 95 by a Marin dealer. Marin did not want to supply the decals as it was originally a 90, but did supply the logo for the front.

I had a splatter Eldridge I bought secondhand when I lived in Singapore. Dayglo yellow with orange splatter.

I reckoned it was an 88-90 sort of age, judging from the groupset, Wolber AT18 rims etc. It had a 31.7 black ano seatpost.

As it had early thumb/thumb rapidfires then I assumed it was a 1990.

Singapore usually got US models.

Back