Saab Salomon Mountain jobby 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a plan then gump!
What are you riding :?:
How about a tandem then we can take it in turns to pedal :LOL:

How about rigid SS - a great excuse to walk uphill when it looks like hard work ("it's the gearing, don't you know"), downhill when it looks a bit scary ("can't ride downhill without suspension, don't you know") while still looking like a tough and gnarly rider and appealing to all the honeys in the main arena.

Perhaps I've had too much beer.

No, sounds like a great idea :idea:
Did the 30k Salisbury plain challenge on sunday on a bike with gears and sus forks and still managed to walk most of the hills!
Whats worse is when your walking up a hill and a middle aged woman rides past on a SS. The shame :oops:

ededwards":3syl42yh said:
How about rigid SS - a great excuse to walk uphill when it looks like hard work ("it's the gearing, don't you know"), downhill when it looks a bit scary ("can't ride downhill without suspension, don't you know") while still looking like a tough and gnarly rider and appealing to all the honeys in the main arena.

Perhaps I've had too much beer.

Liking your style there :) Should have a shiny new (restored old) singlespeed to play with by then aswell.

I think it is the 10th anniversary this year so it will fill up even quicker than usual.

There were posts on singletrackworld last year from people who actually drove to Pat Adams (the organiser) house the night the entry forms were released to hand them in!

Up for the count!

Didn't see this thread when it started - I have said elsewhere that I think we should put a retrobike team together and a static display of old uns with the consent of the organisers. I hope that they will give us free entry in lieu of our efforts to put together a stand (as we're not for profit).

When JV returns I'll get this actioned with SSMM, but in the meantime, get me on the team sheet - I'll give the whippets enought time to write their memoirs!

Trying to tempt our celebrity rider to turn out with his Ti Mega too....

Neil

Best of luck on the free entry, the stand sounds like a great idea and I'll definitely be across whether riding or just lounging (at the moment prefer former, come summer I'll prefer the latter).

I would certainly enter if we were going to field a fun team.. after all that is what embodies what we do.
It would look great if we all had a really smart 'Retrobike' jersey too! :cool:

Right, If we sit around talking about this, nothing is going to happen so... If you're genuinely interested in riding this, drop me a PM and tell me which of these catagories you are in.

1. I'm a novice, I have no competitive streak in me and I want to ride this for the party/lager/chicks etc. I will do no training before hand.

2. I'm averagely fit and I'm going to put the hammer down a little, but basically I'm entering for the fun of it. I will do a little training.

3. I get competitive, I'll say I'm not taking it seriously, but when I get there I'll want to get a result. I'm already secretly thinking about training.

4. See you suckers at the finish line.

I, for example, would class myself in cat3. I'll see who we have in which catagories and post up potential teams for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back