Mongoose Amplifier. (FINISHED - Pics on page 2)

When we going pub then :?:

:idea:

It could be the new SW Retrobike meet :!:

...bikes and curry, mmmm :D

:roll:

AMP

I had one of these when they were new. Paid about £1100 for the frame and fork if I remember rightly.

Built it up with LX and Pulstar hubs, weighed Sub 25lb all in. I think the frame was 4lb 10oz, ultra light even now. Flexed a bit on the back end though.

Re: AMP

fredgassit":340qcc2t said:
Built it up with LX and Pulstar hubs, weighed Sub 25lb all in. I think the frame was 4lb 10oz, ultra light even now. Flexed a bit on the back end though.

Yep, TSCs frame weighs 4lb 10oz or 2.1kg! The fork weighs 2lb 14oz or 1310g. Built up as below (just needing a chain and a few cables) it weighed 22.6lb or 10.24kg :D

Have you finished it yet TSC?

I want a go... :p

Attachments

• Image077ss.jpg
    Image077ss.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,269
Not quite finished yet Tim, just got to get it down to Craig at Bikin'Motion for the final touches that I haven't got the tools for. Got the car in the garage for a service & new shocks tomorrow, so I'll see how much that costs first as that will determine whether the Goose is finished this month or next month.

TSC.

AMP

I sold my frame onto a guy in the Newton Abbot area back in 1996 or so, that might even be my old frame! Lookin good though.

Now finished & ready to ride. Big thanks to the guys at Bikin'motion Torquay. If I can get some better pictures later without the sun glaring off the frame then I'll post 'em.

Frame: Mongoose Amplifier 1992

Fork: Amp F1

Headset: Tioga Alchemy
Stem: Control Tech
Handlebar:
Grips: Club Roost
Barends: N/A

Brakes: Magura HS33 anniversary edition (800 worldwide)
Brake Pads:
Brake Cables:
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Magura HS33 anniversary edition

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: XTR
Rear Derailleur: XTR
Derailleur Cables:
Cassette:
Chain:
Cranks:
Crank Bolts:
Chainrings:
Chainring bolts:
Bottom Bracket:
Pedals: XT SPD

Hub Skewers:
Rims:
Hubs: N/A Spin Tri-spokes
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Onza Porcupine Kevlar
Tubes:

Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: Control Tech
Seatpost Binder:

Weight:

tsmong12.jpg

tsmong11.jpg

tsmong10.jpg

Cheers,

TSC.

very nice but the maguras must be flexing the stays a crazy amount?? my xt Vs flex the stay enough to more the rear mech inwards!!

stew-b":2uuk1tgu said:
very nice but the maguras must be flexing the stays a crazy amount?? my xt Vs flex the stay enough to more the rear mech inwards!!
Yeah, I think it's an issue that will have to be addressed, a shame, as I really like the Maguras.

I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll check out the flex.

Cheers,

TSC.

Back