I'm a mild mannered,gentle chap....but

Jamesinger_3-1.jpg

i tell my pupils to watch out for car drivers doing that....one said to me today "but theyre not allowed"....kids still think that because its not allowed then the car dude wont do it.this is why they get hurt....i now include methods of traffic awareness above and way beyond the job description...if i didnt they would be one of the eight kids who die every week because of cars.

This happens all to often, I think a lot of it is to do with car drivers thinking cycalists only go 8 miles a hour or less, and find it hard to belive that we can keep up with a car in traffic. I know of several cars that have SPD cleat scars on them from having a run in with me.

My other half loves to point out that most of the time I am mellow but get in my way when iIam on my bike and you get it !! She calls it bike rage I call it staying alive.

Get a big van Carl and that will stop them pulling out on you- headlights on, head down and go for the gap between their eyes!

Bikes are for singletrack dude!

Si

dot brake fluid is a pretty good paint stripper, i keep some of it in a waterpistol and "shot" any suspect cars, but sooner or later the old bill are going to frown on my wipping out a fake gun in manchester and shot me back. until then....
liking the idea of peppersprey too, oh so many ideas for the daily commute :D

My commute in Manchester has been cut super short since I moved flat to save the hassle. I swear much less. just as vigilent though. Get me through Rusholme and its like swear a second.

Ya gotta imagine they have NO road skills and NO awareness beyond their comfy seat, NO looking, NO reacting and NO consideration.
Always read what they are going to do at junctions and ride in car lane where poss as motorbike would.

one mistake i make from time to time and scared myself recently was to get stressed at one'driver' pulling out and then missing other hazzards. turning right after him, i never saw the car coming towards me. ouch.

Keep cool and keep ya senses working more than rage. can't educate these clowns I reckon.

Always read what they are going to do at junctions and ride in car lane where poss as motorbike would.

Yup...thats why I havn't hit them yet....think I developed that sixth sense from my motorcycling days.

Back