Summer festivals 2009

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok with a foot of snow on the ground outside, what better time to talk about which summer festivals people are planning to attend this year?

I was aiming for an early kickoff to the festival season with Coachella, California, in april. However thats off due to new job start etc.

My main event will once again be Benicassim on the coast of the med between Barcelona and Valencia. Which this year has pulled a blinder with the first 5 announced acts being fantastic live big name acts. Oasis, Paul Weller, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and the Killers.

About a month before I head to Spain I shall be crossing the Irish sea to Dublin to see Oasis headline a show with an amazing lineup. The enemy followed by Kasabian followed by The Prodigy.

Others on my interest list this year are glastonbudget (a festival of tribute bands), Lattitude and the bargainous beats of the Bingley music festival.

So any one else already dreaming of the sunny summer evenings (unless your a Glasto fan) chilled out in a field listening to the music of our youth, and a little more from the modern?

Oasis headline a show with an amazing lineup. The enemy followed by Kasabian followed by The Prodigy.

Now that sounds like a blinder :D

Mrs. mtbfix wants us to go to Big Chill for one last time before she gets (her words) "too old". Pity is that last time we went it was full of young, trendy folk. Not dog-on-a-rope types that it used to be.

leeds is my regular haunt but getting disolusioned by the camping situation. it really freaks me out having so many drunk people, camp stoves and tents so close together.

if i go this year it is on the condition that there is an amazing lineup (last year was bob) and i am off in the campervan section.

just read that through and i sound like an old man!

Green Man rules for true small festival vibe vs. decent music ratio; although if you don't like slightly experimental folk/acoustic type stuff then obviously a no. i've stewarded Big Chill and it was a nice location and some good bands but never been as punter so not too sure. it all depends on line-up for me.

But (despite not being in a tent outside), All Tommorow's Parties is the shizzle. End of.

Been to every Glasto since I was 2 as both a punter and a worker and I think this will be my first one I have missed. Getting married in August and can't justify the outlay for 2 tickets and the spending money so close to the big day. To be honest I am GUTTED (about missing the festival not getting married ;) ) as it is a tradition that I'd hoped not to break.

I know people like to bash it for it's line-up, the mud, etc etc, but I think this is mainly because it is the most famous/iconic festival in the country and normally the Glasto-bashing comes from people who haven't been!

Love the sound of that festival in the Med though, awesome line-up and guaranteed sun! Bliss. :)

I've been to Glastonbury once,cant remember the year,plant and page played that year.Amazing sight at night, 4 square miles of lights :shock:

Free too cos i jumped the fence :D
Well i wouldnt say jumped as the wall was about 12' high,i was helped over by a couple of hippy travellers that were there for just that purpose :cool:

I did watch some guy use the security landrover to get over,that was so funny ,the look on the guards face as the guy jumped on to his bonnet then roof then over the wall,if it wasn't for the Irish Whiskey i'd have followed him :LOL: :LOL:

I'd love to go back,it was incredible :cool:
I particularity remember the amazingly hot weather,it was like summer in spain

Back