Giant Peloton Superlite

What a shame!
I reckon you'll be able to get a repair for sub £100-

Good Luck!

Here's my Peloton Superlite:
2934672007_349ecd90a8_o.jpg

My refitted peloton superlite 1992 (64cm)

Hey the next post will be a photo of my Giant Peloton Superlite.
It is not as fancy as the previous post. I have this bike for half a year now
today I finished revising it to my likings. I kept it quite close to the original with the benefits from todays innovation. I use it on a regular basis. I had to mill down to (26,8 mm) the seatpost because Giant doesn't do things the standard way (which is 27,2mm). My gear set up is:

Original 1992 Chromo dubble butted frame (64cm) & wheels
Shimano 9-speed gears
Shimano ultegra fittings
Sakae custom steer with Pro griptape
Speedlite triathlon steer (with mounted gears)
Sella Italia leather seat
Pro xlt seat post (made to fit)
Look keo carbon pedals
Michelin Lithion tires

Hope to see more guys who enjoy this bike as much as I do.
It is a very stable bike (for my length 1.97) and has a nice geometry.
after refitting some shaky components this bike works for me untill I
get the chance to get another more modern upgrade (carbon).

C

cool - heres a Peleton Lite I found at the tip in 2007 - I think I still have the water bottle.

I got it in this condition - just needed to change the perished tyres.

Attachments

• giant peleton lite.jpg
    giant peleton lite.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16,211
fandango":13x2s2yl said:
And now it's broken :cry:

Maybe these were too 'lite': I got all excited about one found in a garden, fairly well preserved but closer examination shows the top tube cracked at the seat tube lug. No other way to repair that but replace the whole tube, add a respray & it gets expensive. Won't bother then. :(

fandango said:
First post so be gentle...

I have a Giant Peleton Superlite which I restored to near original condition. The frame is un-touched other than having a good clean and polish.

I’m after some information about it’s history as I’ve never seen another one like it either on the road, or the internet.

I’ve spoken with Giant UK, and they tell me that it’s not a UK model, and that their records don’t go far back enough to help me any further. What they can tell me is that from the serial number, the frame was built in 1992.

Does anyone have any other information they could share?
quote]

My girlfriend picked hers up in a second hand bike shop in London (hope its not hot!), and I'm considering taking the frame back to Australia for a rebuild project. (photo attached) It's been converted to a single speed and has a mis-match of components.

GIANT Pelaton Superlite "Hand Touched by KOGA" 4130 ChroMo frame - Double Butted , 1020 Hi TEN tubing forks

The frame looks a bit older (judging by colours and grapics) than the other bikes posted on this thread so far. GIANT Pelaton Superlite "Hand Touched by KOGA" 4130 ChroMo frame - Double Butted , 1020 Hi TEN tubing forks

WE too have not seen one like it around London at least, and it gets attention wherever she parks it.

Anyone else had any luck in getting info on the model from giant or other source?

fandango - did GIANT UK say where the superlites where sold to? (which markets?)
-Also what part of the serial number tells the year?

Attachments

• pelaton superlite.jpg
    pelaton superlite.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 16,182
factor_j":1x6emtn5 said:
fandango - did GIANT UK say where the superlites where sold to? (which markets?)
-Also what part of the serial number tells the year?

Sadly I've lost the email I received from Giant UK which explained the way to date a frame.

But I do seem to recall that the 1st number in the serial number indicated the year of manufacture. In my frames case it was a 2.

GF2L08XX XXX X

G stands simply for Giant - Giant also made (make?) frames for other manufacturers such as Schwinn.

First post here :D

I've got a Giant Peloton frame aswell, doesn't look like one anymore though, because it has a grey powdercoat all over.. but I got it for 15GBP, so I'm not complaining.

A few questions though:

- What is the correct seatpost diameter for this frame? I got a post with the frame, which is 26.0-26.1mm, but it sits to loose in the saddle tube..
- What type of thread does the bottom bracket have? Probably BSA?

Thanks in advance :)
David

Back