49.4 KB · Views: 1,368
  • the O build 008resize.jpg
    the O build 008resize.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,369
  • the O build 005resize.jpg
    the O build 005resize.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,369
the finished-ish project! :D

please don't look at the saddle though, it was all i had lying around to fit so that will be being replaced, also the only other things i want are a purple USE post and an XT rear mech, but other than that i'm perfectly happy with it!! :D :D

Attachments

• the O build 013resize.jpg
    the O build 013resize.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,365
  • the O build 012resize.jpg
    the O build 012resize.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,365
looking good,not sure about the ATAC though :? syncros would have looked better imo :)

edit,looks better now the other purple bits are on :)

Gorgeous..

Just enough purple to get the feel of BITD without it looking like the aftermath of a student union 'purple nasty' promotion.

And well done fending off the Syncros Taliban...:D

A pal of mine has an unrestored one (owned since new). As with most of them the white paint fell off immediately (some batch problem) and Orange resprayed it black.

Nowadays it has a 'Mad Max' look to it that's the entire opposite to yours.

what did you say about my ugly mug?! :LOL:

i didn't want to do syncros, it's, and sorry for this, common.

runs and hides (literally, i'm off to work now!!!)

i'll await the backlash of insulting syncros till i return at 6.30 am tomorrow!!

:D :D

originally i was going to go purple on the frame and fork and do another subtle build but i got the stem in purple because the size was more important than the colour and i thought it would be too much purple if the frame/fork and stem were the same so white with purple ano was the way forward. even though i like my bikes to look good the function and fit has to come first. :D

Looks really good. Love the white frame and forks; makes the whole thing look really 'clean' :cool:

Back