Almost finished Raleigh Dyna-tech Pro

Great ride, Slim. I know from experience how well they ride. Very well!

Maybe a bit of a topic hijack, but I know Neil's bike very well. I can tell it is another NOS level DynaTech (actually nicer as bearings got loose balls, frame got a rust prevention treathment and more attention was put into details that factory bikes don't get). Were they all bought and parked away by quasi interested roadies who lost interest immediately :? ...or for simply staring at :cool: I were really amazed by how well the DynaTech rode. It absorbed quite a lot from the roadsurface, while giving an absolutely satisfactory stable feel. Great frame for long in the saddle.

Neil, according to the '91 Catalogue present in Gallery 2 your frame is made with 3 tubes 653 in the main triangle and 531 for the tail. We already concluded that little headtube part is probably Ti. The 91 Pro is -according to the catalogue- made with 753. That Slim's has no monostay designates that it is another year, as the 1991 Pro does have one.

I had a 700 - swapped it for some hi-fi with a friend after a few years. It's now living in Australia with my friend, who emigrated a few years back. He's taken it aorund the world with him (he's lived in a few places) so it's been to Texas, Chicago, Amsterdam and now Sydney.

He phoned me in a panic once having managed to unbolt the stay while trying to adjust the saddle. I think his mind was on other things.

The 700 had a 653 frame and 14-speed Ultegra (the one with the partially enclosed bottom jockey wheel on the rear mech) when new and tyres with Scotchlite woven into the sidewalls.

tubing

The decal on my frame says 2080 which is the equivalent to 753 i think :?:

The frame above this was 2325 and had titanium main tubes.

I would love to know more about these road frames they are really cool :cool:

i just sold a Dyna tech 600 frameset and that was also really nice, but too big for myself.

And ive wanted to utilise an mtb companies parts on a road frame for a while now! And im still looking for more parts in CNC to hang on this.

Sorry to all of you purists :roll: I allready have a pure road DE ROSA full of road only stuff ;)

Forgot to mention how well this thing rides! It is really agile and light and a joy to use. Did a few virgin miles yesterday.

Re: tubing

slimjoe":2qpgu044 said:
And ive wanted to utilise an mtb companies parts on a road frame for a while now! And im still looking for more parts in CNC to hang on this.

Sorry to all of you purists :roll: I allready have a pure road DE ROSA full of road only stuff ;)

Proshift mechs work really well on road stuff - red on this bike with red Ringle skewers ;)

Nice bike but I'm not sure about the 'ergonomic' 'bars. Are they in period?

In my opinion, these 'ergo' bars should be investigated under the Trade Description Act! They're the least ergonomic items I've ever encountered. I find them extremely uncomfortable and even dangerous as I can't reach the brake levers from the drops.

Give me a pair of good proper Cinelli or TTT 63's or similar.

terryhfs":25i8boq0 said:
He phoned me in a panic once having managed to unbolt the stay while trying to adjust the saddle. I think his mind was on other things.

Funny. Wrong bolt. My '91 bonded Miyata has a construction similar to this one what means both seatpost and and seatstays are held by one and the same bolt. When I adjust my seat, I am loosening the stays at the same time. Apparently they thought it would work fine. Hadn't any issues with it so far, so probably it does. Saves one bolt.

Maybe we should open a topic with all the quirky bonded bicycles :idea:

bars

Old Ned":2ksic0tx said:
Nice bike but I'm not sure about the 'ergonomic' 'bars. Are they in period?

In my opinion, these 'ergo' bars should be investigated under the Trade Description Act! They're the least ergonomic items I've ever encountered. I find them extremely uncomfortable and even dangerous as I can't reach the brake levers from the drops.

Give me a pair of good proper Cinelli or TTT 63's or similar.

To be honest Ned i didnt look very hard for period bars :oops:

I went for plain black modern generic type to speed up the build.

If you can find me some in 44cm please give me shout ;)

This bike is far from finished and i have no doubts that it will be changed in future.

Has soon as i find a USA made road frame, ill be using the parts from this for that build & putting this back to a classic buildup ;)

Back