Oops! Did I start a 'Revolution'?

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yeah, very cheesy, but it got you to have a look! :D

I finally found a hanger (NOS at that) for my Kirk Revolution frame so I thought i'd better get around to building the old girl up! Thanks to whoever posted the Fleabay ad for the hangers in the 'eBay watch' section.

I know there are quite a few Retrobikers that don't rate the Revolution at all and you will undoubtedly consider my build to be massive over-kill but I have really loved the look of the frame ever since I first laid eyes on one at the Karapoti Classic (Wellington, New Zealand) in '91. IMO, it's damn near the best looking bike ever made!

Anyways... here she is...

revolution5.jpg

revolution1.jpg

revolution6.jpg

revolution3.jpg

Frame: Kirk Revolution, 17" NOS!
Fork: Manitou 1 (1st generation Answer fork)
Headset: Ritchey Scuzzy Logic Pro
Groupset: M900 XTR (except front derailleur whick is a NOS, 'band-type' M650 unit)
Rims: Sun CR18
Stem: Dean alloy
Bars: Tange Prestige, un-badged
Barends: Control Tech Control Stix Lite
Tyres: NOS panaracer Smoke & Dart magic (2.1's)
Pedals: M737's

nice build, how flexy is it? i have another onei have posted pic's here yet, and thet is very flexy, but the one below in my signature is quite solid?

I like it ;) Used to love the look of them when they first burst onto the scene.

Cant help but think thought that the decals cheapen the overall look? :?

Love the look of that build, however I think that black tires & RockShox RS1's would finish it off perfectly. Not that there's anything wrong with it at the moment, just a couple of small things I would change in an ideal world.

TSC.

Back