Who's not gone to work today then?

Snowboarding today ;) All the way ;-) Makes a change from it hanging up as an ornament !!!!

Forgot just how much I loved it !!!!

For me, being at home means I still have to work. Ah the joys of technology.

It's coming down thick and fast in Derbyshire now. Off for some sledging soon before it goes dark though. It's almost deep enough to get the skis out!

It's amazing how the country stops with some snow. I was in Norway last week and the snow they have there is incredible. Studded tyres (on cars and bikes) and they drive (or ride) as if it was on tarmac :shock:

One afternoon it was quite mild and the snow began to melt, by the morning it was all sheet ice. They don't bother with gritters, just some small stoned gravel on the pavements here n there.

I suppose it's just a case of what the country's used to. We are used to rain and that's why are tarmac roads use such big stones unlike the supersmooth variety in Europe.

Oh, i did venture out, very slippy down the lanes and plenty of idiots with their ABS n ESP driving far too fast, I do't even have power steering :LOL:

I attempted work today, was due to go to Milan on an installation but got as far as Bracknell this am and standstill, So drove back to the office :cry:

Got home took the kids sledging at teatime for the 1st time (never snows in Brissol ) and then went for a out for an hours blast in the snow at night, Loved it it was so quiet and the crunching of snow under the porks was blissfull :cool:

I must confess that all I wanted to do was make pretty tyre tracks with the porks in the snow :LOL:

Go for a night ride in the snow its great ! :cool:

untitled.jpg

Jan2009018.jpg

mattbrown":yh1afd41 said:
walked ot work in it, and can see a nice playing field opp that has kids building snowmen in it, so me thinks ill smash them down later when they're gone

Now go and have a little chat :roll: You nasty man.

I really don't see the problem. I managed the 22 miles to work without a problem. Yes it was a bit slippy slidy in places, but I can actually drive a car properly. The buses were running even up here in the pennines. The roads stayed open except for the highest passes. So what's the problem, it's just a bit of snow.

Maybe tomorrow will be a bit harder. They're forecasting 12 inches* over night.

* Of snow, obviously, I'm not talking about those emails I keep getting.

Back