The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to Retrobike and wondered if anybody would be interested in the following frame and complete bike?

Firstly I have the frame and bits and pieces of a '94 Barracuda A2X. The frame would come with the original 'Cuda ahead stem and XTR front mech. When I bought the bike in 1994 it came with a red USE seat post, red Topline cranks, and red Proshift v brakes which I also have.

I also a full set of frame stickers for it (I was planning on a respray in late 94 and wrote to 'Cuda - they sent me a nice hand written letter and a set of '95 A2X decals)

I may also be able to get my hands on the original XTR brakes that came with it, along with 94 red Middleburn cranks and Amp forks which I bought for it.

Secondly, I'm the proud owner of DeKerf Team SL with Hope wheels and discs, XTR, RaceFace etc. Really like the bike but I've got my sights set on something else and may part with it for the right price

Attachments

• DSCN0795a.jpg
    DSCN0795a.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSCN0791a.jpg
    DSCN0791a.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,343
  • DSCN2543a.jpg
    DSCN2543a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,343
This frame and forks including headset and new decals set. Paints in good usable nick with a scratch on the seat stay.

3144366104_97afe568f3_b.jpg

sorry for the modern content...
but how much is this 2004 fsr worth ?
xt rear mech,
deore front mech,
xt cassette,
xt hollowtech cranks,
deore shifters,
deore disc brakes,
specialized stout front hub,
specialized stem,
fox float r rear shock
manitou black magnum elite forks
enduro pro tyres
hope QRs
hope bar end thingys !!
it could do with a full service, but it is well looked after and is in good condition.

would i be better splitting it ?
what would the frame be worth on its own ?

cheers

Attachments

• green to black rascal 012.jpg
    green to black rascal 012.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,306
  • green to black rascal 014.jpg
    green to black rascal 014.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,306
  • green to black rascal 021.jpg
    green to black rascal 021.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,303
How much is it worth - KHS Montana Frame 1992 and Rock Shox

How much is my 1992 KHS Montana Pro frame worth?
Skinny True temper tubes
Spangly, glitter purple paint.
Resprayed by Argos in 2004 in the original colour scheme and decals.
Looks really tidy.
The original forks are in mint condition - never used after being re-sprayed.

I've also got a pair of Shock Shox SID's. They've got a 1" stearer, canti bosses and disc tabs. To be honest they're as noodly as hell. However, they're the "proper" length (crown - dropout) for the KHS. Paintwork is passable. They originally came from TF Tuned - old stock from his Rock Shox factory days.
Will post some pictures of frame and forks if this helps.

Simon

please please please could someone give me some opinions on my fsr ?
shouting .............. INDEGO MONTOYA as you are the only one who seems to reply to this thread :LOL:
any other opinions from people in the UK would be appreciated.
cheers andy ;)

magicmistertea":1kzp83c4 said:
please please please could someone give me some opinions on my fsr ?
shouting .............. INDEGO MONTOYA as you are the only one who seems to reply to this thread :LOL:
any other opinions from people in the UK would be appreciated.
cheers andy ;)
hi andy,
i'm sorry to say that i can hardly help you because i rarely watch ebay listings for modern bikes. you could get an impression by watching similar bikes on ebay.co.uk or searching through old listings worldwide. selling in parts results in more profit (mostly) but its a lot of work too.
good luck selling it!
greets

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cheers .... Inigo Montoya.... i will spell your name right this time ;)

i think i will split it up when i get time..... ive been meaning to sell it for a while.... by the time i get around to it , it will be Retro !!!!
cheers mate ;)

Re: Amp Research B5

fredgassit":29jar5nk said:
Just been offered an Amp B5

XT V gruppo, Carbon Amp forks, Syncros stem - usual sort of stuff, nothing too fancy spec wise. Never ridden in the rain.
Not got pics yet, what would you offer?
hmmmm... hard to say. the forks were going strong on ebay recently. interesting bike but i would say that the earlier amps are more collectable and way better looking. offering 400euros for a late 90ees fully seams reasonable.

btw. i totally hate the m739 cranks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back