1995 Gary Fisher Aquila

2alexcoo

Retrobike Rider
Hi all, new to the site, been admiring all the lush bikes on here!

My retro steed is a bit of a work in progress, I've owned it since new and it's lost a lot of its original bits along the way.

Current spec:

Frame: 1995 Gary Fisher Aquila, True Temper OX Comp tubing, 19" (c-c)
Fork: Salsa Cro-Moto
Headset: Tange 1,1/8" Ahead
Bars: X-Lite Xpert
Stem: Ritchey
Grips: Lizard Skins Moab
Rear Mech: Deore LX M563
Front Mech: STX
Shifters: Deore thumbies
Cranks: STX
Pedals: MKS
Hubs: STX
Rims: Weinmann BCX-3
Brakes: Deore Vs
Seatpost: Kore
Saddle: SDG Bel-Air
Tyres: Kenda Kwest

I have an STX rear mech to fit and also have the original bars, Gripshifts, foam grips and bar ends in the spares box.

Not sure whether to try getting it back to original spec or just keep it as a nice retro pub bike. Maybe I'll paint the forks at least :D

CIMG1988.jpg

CIMG2002.jpg

very clean, i like :D

i like the old fisher graphics (waaaaaaaaaaay better than new ones, natch).

i have a 96 marlin which i'm doing up for the gf (Girl Friend: Gary Fisher...). it's slate grey, unfortunately not as nice looking as yours, and almost all original parts died in action and were pretty budget to bother with replacing, so 'tis gonna be a singlespeed.

slightly OT, if you don't have another home for that lx 563 rear mech, i'd take it off your hands for another build if you didn't mind selling it ;)

even more OT, i see you're a bristol lad, if you happen to spot a blue and black GF Paragon w/ Reba Team forks let me know, mine was nicked a couple of months back! spent many years on that and if fitted like a glove
:cry:

oh, and i'd keep the fork as is. nice contrast :D

chris

Thanks for the kind words Chris :D

Look forward to seeing a pic of the Marlin once it's built up. Don't see many steel Gary Fishers about these days.

I will try switching the mech over during my next bout of tinkering - if all goes well I will drop you a PM about the LX mech.

cheers

Alex

Back