Skip find, keep or toss?

ozpete

Retro Guru
Pulled a frame out of the skip. Branded 'Vetta', Columbus Gara CrMo tubing.Is this tat, or something worth buiding up? I'll post some pics tommorrow if it will help.
Ta, Pete.

Gara's OK for a hack bike...

It's as stiff as anything else, but not exactly forgiving and not exactly light weight.

My Rossin is made of Gara and it's not a bike for long trips - but it makes a damn good fixie.

Beware possible weird seatpost size though. 26,8 I think.

Thanks for the answers guys. If nothing else, it least has a Campag seat pin, Cinelli stem & good UN51 BB. Odd thing is the only sort of serial No. I can find is the word 'panda' stamped in to the BB shell, along with 54, which makes sense at it measures up at 54CM square C to C.

gara was a budget columbus tubeset like aelle. No necessarily a gas-piper, but not too great. Was typically used for a roadies winterbike where an italian name was wanted without the SL/SLX price tag. i wouldnt spend a lot on any restoration.

There's nothing better than a slap in the face with a wet fish........there's certain 'gentlemen's clubs' I visit near Kings Cross where it costs quite a lot of money to get ladies to do that sort of thing.............

Lysander":1pl9mvb9 said:
it costs quite a lot of money to get ladies to do that sort of thing.............

Im told rent boys are a bit cheaper if youre on a budget :LOL:

pigman":2ix021sq said:
Lysander":2ix021sq said:
it costs quite a lot of money to get ladies to do that sort of thing.............

I dont like either idea. Either watch fish or eat them is much better :LOL:

pigman":snptipw1 said:
Lysander":snptipw1 said:

Yes, but they don't swing the fish with the passion that the ladies do........

Back