DBMTBs Parkpre Pro-Elite FORKS CHANGED & PICS

Which Marzocchi forks should I fit on this?

• 98 Z3 Lite (Black/Blue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 98 Z2 BAM (Green)

• 99 Z2 Superfly Air/oil (Black/silver)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hells bells what a dilemma,my head says the z2 Bam cos theyre the strongest but the green isnt easy to get right
My heart says the the 99 z2 superfly as its lightweight and a better[easier :? ] colour match
dont know if youd be happy with their year

I know very little of parkpre,other than i like the rear end better than most

Stem arrived today so quickly bolted it on with the Titec bars....

Just the final decision about forks, and decals to go.

The 135mm stem looks a little bit odd for the frame - but is actually a better fit for me (short legs - and I mean short - and long torso) than the 120 would have been....

I'd weigh it - but it's not possible at the moment due to the builders mess everywhere....

Couldn't resist the temptation to weigh it so braved the building site that is our basement to dig out the scales....

11kg or 24,25 lbs.

That's with the heaviest fork option....

Was expecting heavier- I've not gone remotely out of my way to choose lightweight kit.

First ride on a bike that is working properly yesterday (knackered bearing in front wheel replaced)

Frame - very whippy, compared with what I'm used to.

Forks - (Z2 oil/spring version) will take some tuning to my style of riding - rebound will need some fettling - will bow to pressure from the vote and fit the Superflys this weekend and try them out.

Crossmax 1 Wheels - Seem mushy compared with what I'm used to (very tightly tensioned 32H handbuilt wheels). Not enamoured so far. They might have to go. Will try another tyre combo first.

Here's taster photos with the green forks and minus decals.

n672683081_2056143_6670.jpg

n672683081_2056142_6322.jpg

Now with Z2 Superflys

Went for a spin today with these forks and they are a big improvement.

Weight dropped to 10.75kg.
Front end handling improved vastly - and it's easier to fettle the ride characteristics of these.

They'll be staying, as a "period mod".
n672683081_2069084_4393.jpg

n672683081_2069083_3862.jpg

They look much better, can't wait to get my Ti built up, lots of money to spend first ;)

Back