94 Orange P7

D_XZ

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just picked this up today.

1994 nickel plated Orange P7
Full Deore LX groupset inc headset (I'm guessing is original)
LX front hub on Mavic 230 TIB rim (maybe original)
LX rear hub on Mavic 517xc rim (I'd say non-original)
Orange SK8 stem - writing worn off drive side but clear on other side.
Big fat gel saddle cover

And the star attraction: A corner bag! Had forgotton all about these!

Going to start strip and clean up tomorrow & order chain & bearings. I was going to put V brakes & sus forks on but now I'm not so sure....

Pics exactly as it was picked up - control positions will be much lower soon!
[/list]

Attachments

• p7 006.JPG
    p7 006.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • p7 007.JPG
    p7 007.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,175
  • p7 003.JPG
    p7 003.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,175
I always thought the polished frame P7 was the smartest looking bike
Is it a top pull :? ,i think so only i cant quite make it out,im asking cos i have a black LX bottom pull 31.8 you can have if you want[just send £1.50 postage],tis nice to have matching F&R mechs

Wow ,real retro flair with that corner bag,you werent no racer if you didnt sport a corner bag :cool:
And it looks far better without sus,your fork is the one they [orange]promised to send with my new frame but they sent the alloy one instead...said it was an upgrade
Upgrade :evil:

----------------------------
Can we have an emoticon to depict drooling??
Certainly applys here :cool:

Was that the one on ebay recently?

Bit of cleaning and that'll be great!

What size is it?

(from a p7 addict!)

Yup thats the one! Went to see it in the flesh as it was only 10 miles away and the pics were a bit poor. Turned out the guy just had been offered a new bike to collect the same day so he needed the space and let me take it on the spot!

It's in good condition. A little play in the wheels and the pedals are shot, otherwise all componentry is fine.

There's a couple of little rust spots biting in under the drive side chainstay that I need to sort out quickly as the nickel finish is chipped through.

Otherwise the frame just has a little surface tarnishing to polish off.

It's a 21" frame - I'm a bit of a lanky guy!

That will look really good once it's cleaned up. I like the look with the rigid forks.

I think I still have a delightful lime green corner bag from my 1988 or 1989 Raleigh Mustang (went so well with the pink/purple frame colour). Strangely, the corner bag wasn't stolen with the bike back in 1991. :oops:

Back