ok here's a good one the british national party

Not everyone on the dole are scroungers or dossers or lazy!!!

And you wonder why some people look to groups like the bnp when this country is so unfair :roll:

I have spent the last 20 years working without claiming any benefits whatsoever, Last August i was put on the sick with Angina and other things. 3 weeks into being on the sick the company i worked for went into liquidation (a tax fiddle) and i was made redundant. So for the first time ever i had to sign on.
I phoned the relevant people DWP and HM Revenue spent hours on the phone with them filling out forms etc etc.
3 months after receiving NO money the DWP wrote to me and sent a giro for £18.40 with the reply that because my wife earns £97 working part time i'm not entitled to income support. Reason being the government deems that a married couple can live on £94 per week comfortably. So thats a big f**k you simon off the dwp.
The inland revenue on the other hand did ok by me until last week, first off they said we were entitled to Child tax Credits of £48.?? per week as we have one daughter, Plus £66 per week working tax credits as the wife works part time. So we were just about managing to scrape through. Last week the Working tax money didn't go in the bank so i phoned them up to be told my mrs wasn't entitled to working tax credits because the DWP wouldn't give me income support because she works part time, Also we owe them £1280 in overpayments. They stopped the £66 per week and have took it upon themselves to deduct £8.?? per week off the Child tax credits for the next 3 years.

So all in all i'm pretty f****d off that i have spent 20 years as an earner paying well over £100 per week into the system via income tax and NIC's and when i actually need some help back i got f****d about non stop for nearly 6 months then landed with a £1200 debt. And we are now living on the very bare minimum of the wifes part time earnings and the £40 benefit.

Life is shit sometimes.

Pickle":1owc9810 said:
Simon, that is harsh news :(

The 'system' really doesnt make sense at all :?

sorry to hear that simon..... thats what i mean, you paid all that money back in to the system for what ? too much money is given to people who just blag it !! The system is failing you my friend !!!!
it pisses me off that people can just sign on have kids and get given a house....(they dont even have to have been in this country for 5 mins to qualify) and you and me (the tax payers) are being taken for a ride.
okay its not allways immegrents and asylum seekers but i feel too much money is spent helping other people, now when you need some help (which you are genuinely entitled too), you dont get it.
I want to make it clear i am not a racist and do not support the BNP, but there are too many "do-gooders" spending our hard earned cash on the wrong people.

Forgot to add, Even though times are tough i would still never support the bnp or any such group.

What's stupid about it is that if my mrs packed her job in i would qualify for income support and working tax credits. So everyday that she goes to work she takes FREE money out of our pockets.

Chin up, there's always someone worse off than yourself that's how i look at life :D

magicmistertea":2ej1m58s said:
cherrybomb":2ej1m58s said:
magicmistertea":2ej1m58s said:
cherrybomb":2ej1m58s said:
lumos2000":2ej1m58s said:
cchris2lou":2ej1m58s said:
interesting thread considering some workers are on strike due to foreign workers taking their jobs . :?

correct me if i wrong but i didnt think they were taking anyones jobs. they were just contracted to do a job on the refinary site, no one has been made redundent becouse of this :?

Your not wrong. An Italian company won a contract to undertake some work at the refinery. Somehow this got translated into foreign workers being employed over British workers in the media. :roll:

yea no one was made redundent..... but the italian firm (with italian workers) has been given the contract to carry out work on the refinery.... apparently because the british firms that tendered for the job different didnt have the right skill set !!!!! what a load of bollocks....... 5 british firms tendered for the job and they all had the skills to carry out the work, the reality is the italian firm offered a cheaper quote, but as the money for the contract is now going to go back to italy with the italian workers, its taking much needed cash out of the british economy.
So Actually yes foreign workers are being employed over british workers!!!!
so no one was made redundent as such, but the firms that tendered for the job maight now be laying people off due to "cheaper" foreign companies being awarded the work !!!! ITS WRONG.... BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE..... thats the way it should be.

That's all very well, but what about all the UK companies that win contracts overseas? it's not a one way street.

yea fair point,
but in these times of recession i dont think there are many countries that would put up with foreign companies being given work over there own local workforce? especially when we have so many people out of work at the moment. a couple of years ago when ther was loads of work around i dont think anyone would have cared, but now times are hard..... im sorry but we are in deeper trouble than the majority of european countries... in fact apparently our ecconomic growth (or lack off)is forecast to be one of the worst in the world this year. so i think we really need to start being a bit selfish and start helping ourselves a bit maybe ?
especially as i think we have done our bit in helping asylum seekers and migrents ? and everyone else who needs a council house and job-seekers allowence. :)
lumos..... build a wall around England ?? yea okay... im a mason so id be well up for that !! ;) .... trouble is we would probobly give the work to the polish builders.... they would do it for half the price, but it would fall down after a month :LOL: .

Less we forget how the UK became such a rich first world country on the back of so many poorer countries that we invaded, occupied and took their wealth :roll:
It's how most first world countries accumulated their wealth and still do.
The US has a military presence in 135 countries out of 192 registered at the UN :shock: The way the dollar/oil system works is truly a work of genius. Imperialism never ended, it just took a different face.
What i'm getting to is asylum seekers. We most certainly have a duty to protect genuine asylum seekers, as it is more than likely that we have caused their suffering in the first place.

The sooner we accept that we are still imperialist powers in the west and stop pretending we are a caring bunch the better off the world will be.

WAY OT :oops: but had my rant :D

exbiker":1u7xgzj3 said:

Sorry to hear that Simon. Very bad circumstances you have been put in. But if the above was what you took me to mean, it wasn't at all. That people who are unable to work should be supported is surely a basic premise of the welfare state. The BNP thing is a whole different kettle of fish though, and I still feel there is no excuse for them.

Geoff":2a0nc2d5 said:
exbiker":2a0nc2d5 said:

Sorry to hear that Simon. Very bad circumstances you have been put in. But if the above was what you took me to mean, it wasn't at all. That people who are unable to work should be supported is surely a basic premise of the welfare state. The BNP thing is a whole different kettle of fish though, and I still feel there is no excuse for them.

Not at all Geoff, I was merely pointing out in general that some doleys aren't scroungers, I wasn't aiming it at you and sorry if it came across that way.

Oh and i agree on the bnp being unnecessary, but understand why some look to them when the system seems so biased against the working man.

leopards dont change their spots,i remember how the majority of their supporters looked like they belonged in the hitler youth,and there were lots of reports in the papers about their 'members' attacking minority groups
If they rose to power it would be completely destructive for this country

They may now have hair ,but the jackboots remain :x

And a note to those that think its only scroungers on the dole
Im on it and get £42 per week,if you believe that is worth scrounging then i suggest you try it yourself
Easy enough to do,just take £42 from your wages and try to live on it for a week
You will look forward to the end of the week so you can get the remainder of your wages

I have to sell one bike part if theres another i need or if the bars dont suit /fit ,i have to sell them so i can afford their replacement,tis not bloody fun i can assure you
:cry:

BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE..... thats the way it should be.

so what should i do . leave my job and go back home , so that some british guy can take my job . :?

and to be fair if I can afford to have 10 + bikes in the garage , cable TV , internet , go out for meals on regular basis , one holiday a year etc....
I dont mind that some of my taxes are used to help some people who have a miserable life in their countries . ;)

dyna-ti":1xs7nfc6 said:
leopards dont change their spots,i remember how the majority of their supporters looked like they belonged in the hitler youth,and there were lots of reports in the papers about their 'members' attacking minority groups
If they rose to power it would be completely destructive for this country

They may now have hair ,but the jackboots remain :x

And a note to those that think its only scroungers on the dole
Im on it and get £42 per week,if you believe that is worth scrounging then i suggest you try it yourself
Easy enough to do,just take £42 from your wages and try to live on it for a week
You will look forward to the end of the week so you can get the remainder of your wages

I have to sell one bike part if theres another i need or if the bars dont suit /fit ,i have to sell them so i can afford their replacement,tis not bloody fun i can assure you
:cry:

thats fair enough dyna-ti...... but you have to admit for a lot of people its far to easy not to get a job ?
£42 a week isnt much..... but do you have to pay council tax ? do you get your rent paid for you ?
I dont know your circumstances and i really dont mean to offend you but.... is it that you just cant find the job you want ? or can you just not find any job whatsoever ?
have you tried tescos/ asda etc etc ?
would you rather be on the dole or clean toilets ?
if the awnser is you would rather be on the dole...... then im sorry but i think its wrong.... food and keep isnt free.... people should work for there living.
Now like i said this ISNT aimed at you !!! ( dont take offence) :) , but you must see my point that a lot of people would rather sit on there ass than work for a living !! i beleve that even if its a crap job - then people should be made to do it even if its not what they want to do, they can still search for a better job while doing it !!!!

Back