ok here's a good one the british national party

thecannibal":38mmb6cy said:
psyclone1976, personally I find the idea of 'pensioners before asylum seekers' sickening. How can an enlightened society choose between caring for the elderly and fulfilling its moral and legal duty to care for those fleeing violence, persecution, famine etc? We have a duty of care to both groups, and to suggest there is matter of choice between the two is both moronic and offensive.
n.b. Aslum seekers and economic migrants are not the same.

sorry cannibal..... i hear what you are saying but generally England is having the piss taken out of it..... genuine asylum seekers i can kind of feel sorry for but..... why do we have to take the vast majority of them ?
i just feel that i pay a shit load of tax- for what ? too much of our money is being wasted trying to sort out other peoples problems !!!
and im sorry im not moronic but id rather my gran was looked after properly than either an asylum seeker or an economic migrant.
no offence ment..... just my strong opinion ;)

magicmistertea":2jxuqrv2 said:
cherrybomb":2jxuqrv2 said:
lumos2000":2jxuqrv2 said:
cchris2lou":2jxuqrv2 said:
interesting thread considering some workers are on strike due to foreign workers taking their jobs . :?

correct me if i wrong but i didnt think they were taking anyones jobs. they were just contracted to do a job on the refinary site, no one has been made redundent becouse of this :?

Your not wrong. An Italian company won a contract to undertake some work at the refinery. Somehow this got translated into foreign workers being employed over British workers in the media. :roll:

yea no one was made redundent..... but the italian firm (with italian workers) has been given the contract to carry out work on the refinery.... apparently because the british firms that tendered for the job different didnt have the right skill set !!!!! what a load of bollocks....... 5 british firms tendered for the job and they all had the skills to carry out the work, the reality is the italian firm offered a cheaper quote, but as the money for the contract is now going to go back to italy with the italian workers, its taking much needed cash out of the british economy.
So Actually yes foreign workers are being employed over british workers!!!!
so no one was made redundent as such, but the firms that tendered for the job maight now be laying people off due to "cheaper" foreign companies being awarded the work !!!! ITS WRONG.... BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE..... thats the way it should be.

That's all very well, but what about all the UK companies that win contracts overseas? it's not a one way street.

missmyfat":20svy6kn said:
mtbfix":20svy6kn said:
Did they really die defending that right? Or did the men in 2 World Wars die defending their homes and loved ones more so than an ideology? The BNP are hateful and although you cannot kill an idea you can certainly out law a political party to avoid people who hold those views being allowed to hold public office.

I had a bank account in France with the BNP but I believe that the famous Paris bank is unassociated with Griffin and his morons.

People died protecting their homes and families yes but also protecting a free society where we have free speech. The fact that you find the BNP unsavoury is not sufficient grounds to ban them. Whats next? Anyone that disagrees with you? Who made you god? Slippery slope.

100% agree

cherrybomb":3rayz068 said:
magicmistertea":3rayz068 said:
cherrybomb":3rayz068 said:
lumos2000":3rayz068 said:
cchris2lou":3rayz068 said:
interesting thread considering some workers are on strike due to foreign workers taking their jobs . :?

correct me if i wrong but i didnt think they were taking anyones jobs. they were just contracted to do a job on the refinary site, no one has been made redundent becouse of this :?

Your not wrong. An Italian company won a contract to undertake some work at the refinery. Somehow this got translated into foreign workers being employed over British workers in the media. :roll:

yea no one was made redundent..... but the italian firm (with italian workers) has been given the contract to carry out work on the refinery.... apparently because the british firms that tendered for the job different didnt have the right skill set !!!!! what a load of bollocks....... 5 british firms tendered for the job and they all had the skills to carry out the work, the reality is the italian firm offered a cheaper quote, but as the money for the contract is now going to go back to italy with the italian workers, its taking much needed cash out of the british economy.
so no one was made redundent as such, but the firms that tendered for the job maight now be laying people off due to "cheaper" foreign companies being awarded the work !!!! ITS WRONG.... BRITISH JOBS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE..... thats the way it should be.

That's all very well, but what about all the UK companies that win contracts overseas? it's not a one way street.

yeh your right lets bring home all the expats living overseas and build a wall round england. :roll: no sorry seriously, the company i work for couldent survive without the foreign workers it has, so im greatfull to them for my job.

cherrybomb":2ed5ifjr said:
magicmistertea":2ed5ifjr said:
cherrybomb":2ed5ifjr said:
lumos2000":2ed5ifjr said:
cchris2lou":2ed5ifjr said:

yea fair point,
but in these times of recession i dont think there are many countries that would put up with foreign companies being given work over there own local workforce? especially when we have so many people out of work at the moment. a couple of years ago when ther was loads of work around i dont think anyone would have cared, but now times are hard..... im sorry but we are in deeper trouble than the majority of european countries... in fact apparently our ecconomic growth (or lack off)is forecast to be one of the worst in the world this year. so i think we really need to start being a bit selfish and start helping ourselves a bit maybe ?
especially as i think we have done our bit in helping asylum seekers and migrents ? and everyone else who needs a council house and job-seekers allowence. :)
lumos..... build a wall around England ?? yea okay... im a mason so id be well up for that !! ;) .... trouble is we would probobly give the work to the polish builders.... they would do it for half the price, but it would fall down after a month :LOL: .

magicmistertea":19o3fauj said:
thecannibal":19o3fauj said:
psyclone1976, personally I find the idea of 'pensioners before asylum seekers' sickening. How can an enlightened society choose between caring for the elderly and fulfilling its moral and legal duty to care for those fleeing violence, persecution, famine etc? We have a duty of care to both groups, and to suggest there is matter of choice between the two is both moronic and offensive.
n.b. Aslum seekers and economic migrants are not the same.

sorry cannibal..... i hear what you are saying but generally England is having the piss taken out of it..... genuine asylum seekers i can kind of feel sorry for but..... why do we have to take the vast majority of them ?
i just feel that i pay a shit load of tax- for what ? too much of our money is being wasted trying to sort out other peoples problems !!!
and im sorry im not moronic but id rather my gran was looked after properly than either an asylum seeker or an economic migrant.
no offence ment..... just my strong opinion ;)

I agree with this. UK born residents should take priority over asylum seekers, it's the UK residents hard earnt money that has been taxed and deducted through NIC's that have been able to provide the ayslum seekers with a place to come in the first place that will provide for them. Elderly resident especially as they are generally more vunverable and it take less time for things to take a toll on their health before things go far to be able to help.

If more and more economic migrants flood the country and take the work as they are willing to accept the lower wages then more of the UK residents will be on the doll and not paying full taxes and NIC's. The economic migrants will more than likely not be paying taxes or NIC's and soon the country will be crippled by our enlightenment!

Firstly, on the subject of foreign labour

My brother has been on the dole for nearly 10 years now. His excuse is that he can't afford to work now because the council would charge him rent and the CSA would get him for his 5 kids from 2 different women. My view is that he should take some responsibility, get up off his lazy arse and do something instead of living off my tax money for the rest of my working life. :evil:

Meanwhile the polish blokes that live next door to me arrived and immediately set out to find work. From what I see the foreign (generally eastern european in my area) people that have arrived tend to not only take jobs like building and such, but also do the jobs that all the dole scroungers wouldn't even think of doing like toilet cleaning etc.

Anyway, back to the question of the BNP, whilst members of this organisation have the right to free speech, in my opinion this filth (I'm not even going to call them human beings) should be arrested and charged under the Race Relations Act for preaching their disgusting vitriol because no matter how they try to cover it up, this is nazi-ism of the lowest form. As I am want to say, we all bleed the same colour inside and that includes black, white, asian and even members of the BNP.

Peace.

perry":3mxywzju said:
am i right in thinking you can just turn up in Australia and live and work ?

No you can't. If you've been trained in something the Government wants, you can get a visa though.

The whole 'foreigners getting our jobs' thing over here is hilarious- there is a certain minority of people who begrudge immigration, particularly immigrants from Asia, and they always whinge about "bloody asians coming over here and taking our jobs", but the jobs in question are either things like doctors, where there is a skills shortage, or very basic jobs which are going begging but nobody wants. My wife works in the employment sector, and people will say to her that working as a cleaner is beneath them, yet be happy to pick up a dole cheque instead... :roll:

Back to topic of BNP, I agree totally with Cherrybomb...

cherrybomb":3mxywzju said:
They have every right to express their filth, but they have no right to be respected for that and certainly no right at all to use their twisted rhetoric to incite hatred.

As for the BNP being a symptom of failings in mainstream politics; I just don't think that holds water. The BNP have been around longer than that in their present guise and previously as the National Front. The only thing they are a sign of is the fact that there will always be a tiny unrepresentative minority who hold extremest, hateful views based on fear and ignorance.

Finally (and then I'll go away! :D ) extremist religious groups of any faith are just as bad. No one has a 'right' to freedoms that threaten those of others.

Things are getting ugly everywhere, and newly arrived people (whether migrants or refugees) will bear the brunt of it.

Where I live, work has been pretty easy to get for the last few years. A mate of mine worked at a local steel manufacturing / galvanising company. It is well paid unskilled work, so it has attracted a certain type of worker. Large parentages of these workers are either speed addicts or alcoholics (most have come here from ‘down south’ to get away from something), and many of them only turn up for work 3 or 4 days a week (get paid on Thursdays and get ripped until the money runs out). The son of the owner reasoned that 60 -80% of a worker is better than nothing. If fact they had so much work that they wanted to start a 3rd shift so they would be running 24 hours a day to meet demand, but could not get the workers.

In Cairns there is now a growing population of newly arrived refugees from Africa. A few have started working at this company, they are very hard working and always turn up every day. They are so proud that they now earn good money and can support their families. These people are a real asset to the nation as a whole.

Now things are turning sour, people will have t be laid off due to a downturn in the volume of work. Guess who will be laid off and who will stay. I am now waiting for the call in our local paper that these ‘refos’ are taking our jobs. Things will get ugly here as I live in a really racist part of Australia (ironic really when this town relies so much on tourism).

Back