How many hours a week at work?

max respect to some of the posts here...

we used to pile int the hours but now it is a straight 35-40 hr's a week. I even get time to ride on a lunchtime....
I seriously dont know how some of you cope...If i dont get at least 7 hours kip a night i get really bad migraines after a few days of it.

I used to work shifts but have been working on days since September and possible all the time from now due to cost savings. I now work 37.5 hours per week starting at 8am till 4.30pm with 1 hour lunch break and 10 mins tea breaks, one in morning and another one in afternoon.

So far 49 hours at my normal job & 5 hours fixing bikes this week, I'm starting up my own bike servicing & repairs business & working a 7 day week (5-6 days in the factory & 1-2 days repairing bikes) not had a (full) day off in 3 weeks.

supposed to be 32 but try and do less, actually probably do more. (teacher)

Dream job - running a siganel box on a quiet branchline somewhere nice. Radio 4, tending the window boxes, drinking tea and the guardian crossword. A train an hour would do nicely. Bliss. That or doing the cricket scores for the test matches (that would involve tea and cake wouldn't it? Surely?)

I aspire to the verb "to potter"

40hrs a week alternate Saturday and Monday off, so every other week I get a long Weekend, Sat, Sun & Mon. but then thru' the next week with only Sunday off...... small boy plays for local footie team tho' (every sunday morning at 10am...... in all weather!)

im supposed to do 45 a week, but i set off for work at 6.45 ish in my van and drive 30 miles to a school in blackburn for around 8 ish, but because i work digging holes in the public highway we tend to wait until everyone has done the school run to avoid any problems, so it sat in the van drinking brews and playing mariokart on 2 nintendo ds`s for us until at least nine o`clock!

then, because our supervisor only comes to visit us twice a week, we have a brew at half ten ish and then a nice long dinner, more mariokart!

leave the job about half 2 and home for about half 3!

happy days! :D

tbh though, when we work, we work hard, if you have ever tried to dig up a road you will know that! :D

antogoof":2pnnmui8 said:
im supposed to do 45 a week, but i set off for work at 6.45 ish in my van and drive 30 miles to a school in blackburn for around 8 ish, but because i work digging holes in the public highway we tend to wait until everyone has done the school run to avoid any problems, so it sat in the van drinking brews and playing mariokart on 2 nintendo ds`s for us until at least nine o`clock!

then, because our supervisor only comes to visit us twice a week, we have a brew at half ten ish and then a nice long dinner, more mariokart!

leave the job about half 2 and home for about half 3!

happy days! :D

tbh though, when we work, we work hard, if you have ever tried to dig up a road you will know that! :D

There must still be loads of potholes in blackburn then..i'll remember who to blame if I ever hit one with my bike ;)

All done :cool:
Finito
Hometime
Forty One and a half hours and I'm finished. I started this post about 19 hours into my shift and it feels like days ago- I was so tired and could hardly stay awake. Funny how you pull through it, almost like the pain barrier. Well thats me out of here. Back in at 8 in the morning so I'd better get some rest.

Si

There must still be loads of potholes in blackburn then..i'll remember who to blame if I ever hit one with my bike ;)[/quote]

i will apologise in advance then...................... :oops:

Up at 5.45 am. finished at 7.00 am! 5 days a week.

3 contracts down and the rest of the day off! Hard life. ;)

Al. :D

Back