How many hours a week at work?

contracted for 36 hours , but as I am having all school holidays off , I need to do 42 to compensate .

but had to do extra last year , so I am on 32 at the moment . :cool:

Shift work for me

either start at 5am & finish at 14.15
or 14.00 to 23.15

4.5 shifts a week, no official breaks but manage at least 5 cups of tea a shift!

I have to work 3 Saturdays & 2 Sundays in a month.

Come April I too will be self employed (ish)

psyclone1976":3ldhgc7i said:
my shift pattern is 12 hours for 4 days and then 4 off, then 4 nights. etc. good having lots of time off and working hard for 12 hours it the same amount of time people spend getting to work, working and then staying late and getting home again. I manage to get to work in 10 mins and then work solid for 12 hours...nothing like what you're doing though...sounds crazy.

same shifts for me,4 0n 4 off,its great :)

Shifts for me 2 x 12 hour days followed by 2 x 12 hour nights but then 6 off, but in those 6 off I usually do 2 x 12 hour overtime shifts.

Dr S":31vf7421 said:
Does anyone else have to put up with shit? :cry:

Yup....up at 06:00, 40 mile drive across three counties to get for work by 08:30....often put in a 10 or 11 hour shift 'fixing problems for assholes' then 40 mile drive back across three counties (peak asshole time). Can be 2 hours travelling in either direction on a bad day.

Often end up with a 60 hour week...or I did ;)

My New Years resolution is to work much less (i.e my 'proper' 08:30-17:00 shift) and get some of my life back (they don't pay me enough to kill myself I've decided). Been working out quite well so far....still have the commute but that's unavoidable.....but the car is full of cool AV toys so I don't get bored ;)

Neill

i'm on shift work aswel, 2 days 6am till 6pm then 2 nights 6pm till 6am then 4 off, every 7 sets of that i get 18 days off which is cool :D one of which starts on the 5th! :cool: overtime is there but i'm lucky enough to be in a position that i don't "need" to do it so when i have 1st refusal on it i ask if the other guys with families/mortgages want it, if not i happily do it to help out, the other guys seem happy with that. the way i see it is they have a bigger need than me and i like having the time off.

having worked for small shops that require a massive amount of unpaid overtime just because you feel you should, i'm glad i'm not doing that anymore, although i preferred those jobs i have a better home/social life now.

i would like to be my own boss but when i see self employed people i think fairplay to them but they seem to have little life outside their work which is unfortunate as it means private life can suffer.

37.5hrs here Split over five days.

Usually work a little more than that but I generally feel that I have a good deal by comparrison! :LOL:

Start a new job on Thursday working from home same amount of hours but I get to apportion the time how I want.

Going to need some disipline!

About 35 hours a week at work of which about 30 hours is spent tinkering with bikes/drinking tea/reading books/doing the crossword etc etc etc :LOL:

Back