Gold Trader
Feedback
View
me_1126.jpg

Don't get me started! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:evil:

Come back Maggie, all is forgiven.

Si

FTSE isn't a measure of boom and bust though is it? If you look at two of the major recessions in the last couple of decades in the early 80's and early 90's (both under conservatives) they haven't had a major impact on the FTSE according to this graph. Yes arguably while in a period of 'boom' under labour in the early 2000's the FTSE went down according to the graph...

I'm no expert though - just an observation.

It's a fair point you make, and the FTSE is broad-based and changes its constituents enough to make it a pretty horrible indicator of anything historical other than, er, the value of the FTSE.

But the effect on the markets of the 80s recession were pretty marked, it's a trick of the scaling and the value today. This is a shorter time period on a logarithmic scale

http://finance.google.co.uk/finance?chd ... TSE&ntsp=0

You can show anything with stats, remember ....

and wasn't the big dip in the middle of Labour due to 9/11?

I don't see what it proves; also the dynamics of this recession are unprecidented.

I think a change of Government might go a little way to restoring confidence, but does anyone actually think the Conservatives would have any better control over private sector banking practices? :LOL:

Not 9/11, market bounced back pretty quick from that. Dot com bubble burst, all the ridiculously over valued technology stocks went down the toilet.

Think the graph was more tounge in cheek than serious!

I wonder how you'd remove inflation....

The problem with politics (as I see it) is that all the leading bloody parties are exactly the bloody same. And worse still they are made by and large from money-grabbing-gravy-train-riding career politicians.

I think the country would be much better served by proportional representation. Ideally with half as many MPs and most of the Lords removed too.

"Who's the bloke on the right? Don't remember anyone being asked to vote for him?"

here here , grumble , mutter , grumble

erm , im not going to be coming into work from now on but ive got a mate who totally reckons he could do the job . hes heard me talk about what i do so hes probably just as qualified as me to do it . hes not very good with money though

Back