MacRetro chat and rides thread

Fire Tower Trail looks interesting.

Remember not all built circuits are on that map, Justice Trail at Jedburgh for example, The Cauldron near Hawick or Loch Ard forest trails.

Consequently there may be something lurking near Dundee that has not been widely publicised yet. Anyway i miss Dundee's pies and more specifically a Wallaces Forfar Bridie :D

velomaniac":q2i30nv8 said:
Fire Tower Trail looks interesting.

Remember not all built circuits are on that map, Justice Trail at Jedburgh for example, The Cauldron near Hawick or Loch Ard forest trails.

Consequently there may be something lurking near Dundee that has not been widely publicised yet. Anyway i miss Dundee's pies and more specifically a Wallaces Forfar Bridie :D

There isn't much here that is established other than NCN routes, but there are lovely rides none the less, dunkeld was only 40 minutes drive for me last week.

I'll try and bring a forfar bridie for you at the next meet

Dinae bother with the Bridie, I'm wheat intolerant nowadays so its probably even more bad for me than it used to be.

Cheers

Velo

Deuchny Woods in Perth has a good series of trails and a Down Hill Zone with steep gradients etc.

Least thats what it said on a guide to cycling I read recently, apparently they have had XC and DH races within the woods in the past. Still not a trail centre but might be worth checking out.

There is also Kirkhill woods near Aberdeen which looks entertaining.

Ah'll take the bridie :LOL:I'll swap you a killie pie

Guys I'm gonna pull out of Saturday :( been awol from the house all week

I however am going to try to make it on Saturday afterall, all depends if I can drag my sorry ass oot of bed in the morning :roll:

I've realised I can easily get to Milngavie by train and at reasonable cost. Also means I can catch a snooze on the Edinburgh-Glasgow-Edinburgh legs of the journey which is better than falling asleep at the wheel of a three wheeled tupperware box with near zero crash protection :shock:

So how far up Clobber Road is this carpark from central Milngavie, I have a basic map.

Also is this route SS friendly or would gears be a good idea ? Toss up between SS Stumpy or 18spd Hardrock. Stumpy looks the best with its Red Tyres :D

I'll set my Alarm to Stupid O'clock and give it a go.

I'll text Gazz as I have his MOB if I'm going to fail in this attempt.

Cheers

Velo

Car park is marked on this map http://www.multimap.com/s/sqZA2I5C so you should be able to work out how to get there from the train station using a combination of that and the map which you have. It's not far at all from the station.

Last time we did this route I had to walk up a couple of hills but the old M.E. was worse then. Really depends how strong you're feeling on the day. ;)

Will see you all the morrow at 9 am- was going to bring the sbike but not quite finished so think it will be the slightly less shiny DaleSS :cool:

Think it might be windy but don't worry , it will only effect us on the return journey :twisted:

Sorry guys but i dont think i'll make this, bashed my ankle in work last night :x , it's still swollen and i cant put a great deal of weight on it.

Have a good ride though, hope the weather will be ok, look forward to the report ;)

Back