Nope, That Doesn't Work...

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Don't laugh, I'm using my ample spare time to write a book. It is going to be about cooking through the recession/depression/armagedon. I think today's recipe title needs a little work:

"Pork in Cider Hotpot." It may lead to a mini bump in the birth figures if I don't alter it.

PS If any one wants to suggest their favourite regional 'peasant' dish I'm always interested, especially Europe and the world at large!

Being a time-served butcher,i have to ask what cut you intend to use?
I'd recommend from the leg, the left one ,not the right ;)

------------------------------------
There was a way of preparing Pheasant legs,that i was asked to do one Xmas in a shop i was working in-
It involved carefully boning out half way along the shank of the bone,[make sure you leave the exposed bone as clean as you can]
then after cutting off the joint ends of the bone you stretch the the meat back over the end of the cut end of the bone then push it through the meat and skin about halfway along.
What the finished item should look like is a ball of meat on a stick :LOL:
You put it in your mouth and pull out the bone.
havent a clue how you would then cook them,the customer wanted them as a starter for an Asian/Scottish wedding,probably have a spicy twist :D

Wrap the exposed bone in foil when you put them in the oven to prevent the bone from blackening ;)

I too have always fancied writing a cook book, I have a few signature dishes:)

retrojon":29pjp8fu said:
Are you going to use White lightning?

Ah, I remember drinking that at university. Amazing we ever got the degree done! I use it now for cleaning chains and gears.

Yup I remember it from Uni days too.... Go to pub... run out of money... ask the bar maid what is particually efficient on a %/£ ratio, I was introduced to white lightning. Roll forwards 6 hours and I was violently sick.

And that was the end of affairs between white lightning and my self.

Aye, Diamond White* fer me- can or two as a primer afore ye went out........only need tae buy a couple of pints, still end up pished..........aah, student days- beer, education, casual sex and daytime telly. It was a hard life......... :p

*Mercury flavoured paint thinners.

JeRkY":lptbk7m8 said:
Yup I remember it from Uni days too.... Go to pub... run out of money... ask the bar maid what is particually efficient on a %/£ ratio, I was introduced to white lightning. Roll forwards 6 hours and I was violently sick.

And that was the end of affairs between white lightning and my self.

One of my first dates with my now wife ended in a similar way. She was drinking Diamond White (posh bird) and some time later felt a little 'off'. She retired to our bathroom with was not really the thing to do. Even if you were in tip top form you often came out feeling more than a little queasy!

She came back though and we celebrate our tenth wedding aniversary next month.

Back