Orange clockwork respray

cannondale king":2cko3gvp said:
jimihendrix":2cko3gvp said:
Cheers Gaz ;) , was actually thinking of doing an orange stem to match the forks and headtube (unless i find an original white stalk with stickers intact etc), bars and seatpin will be silver.

Rest of the build will be standard XT, no anodised bits, wont be trying to bling this one up like my last one :)

thank god i salvaged the last one from ano land :LOL: :LOL: looking cool as matey i wondered how come the paint was so clean and fresh on mine ;) ;) :LOL: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yeah, i've learned a lot from this site in the past year with regards to parts selection etc ;)

Cant take credit for the paint on your's though, bought that one mint off E-bay :) , pics in the add were dated 2004 so i recon it was painted around then and not used, someone did a cracking job of it though :cool:

remind me Jimi on sat. to pump you for info on a spray job I'm thinking of doing on some forks ;)

I am assuming you don't mind the odd pump now and again :twisted: :roll: :oops:

Looking good, but it looks like you've sprayed it with the headset cups in place. What will you do if you ever want to change the headset??

or am I asking a silly question here....

any tips on getting the fade looking right? is it a case of pulling the can away as you ge tto the end of the stroke or just trying to get a fine mist like overspray?

looks a good job for rattlecans

clockworkgazz":uk5f8inu said:
remind me Jimi on sat. to pump you for info on a spray job I'm thinking of doing on some forks ;)

I am assuming you don't mind the odd pump now and again :twisted: :roll: :oops:

If you strip them back to bare metal i'll spray them for you ;)

I did leave the headset cups in place, would have been better to
take them out but i haven't got a headset press
at the moment (going to put one together soon), not using the hammer and block of wood method again, headset is in good order so the
cups shouldn't need to come out for a while, bike is a keeper so i'll worry about it then ;)

Yeah, Lewis, it's just a case or mucking around, more to do with
getting the distance of the can away from the tube right, the quality
of the rattle cans vairies too, some are more splatery than others, Halfords ones are pretty good for consistent spray.

Nice fade,you cant tell yours from one that orange did

And with a paint can too :shock:

imagine what you could do with a real spray gun system :D
very nice indeed,what colour decals are you putting on?,orange ,black or something other?

dyna-ti":2r9xl6xv said:
Nice fade,you cant tell yours from one that orange did

And with a paint can too :shock:

imagine what you could do with a real spray gun system :D
very nice indeed,what colour decals are you putting on?,orange ,black or something other?

Cheers man :D , i've redone it though, looked at it in the sunlight and bits of the white looked cloudy so i Scotchbrite'd it and went over it again, done the stays white and the forks orange/white fade so there's more white than orange on it now. Put more laquer on it too.

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet it looks superb :cool:

Will post a daylight pic in the morning.

Stickers will be the standard 91 spec ones in black, going to get these from Gil-m when i get around to it.

Here it is redone, went slightly more "custom" with it, it's different anyway . :)

clockrear.jpg

clocktop.jpg

clockfront.jpg

Should be doing another frame for clockworkgazz soon, :cool:, probably conventional orange/white though.

Back