Zaskar re-issue !!!

poor stuff

hi there,

am one of those freaks that bought the zaskar re-issue; i paid € 1299 over here in germany, that's roughly 1000 gbp.
the uk price is 699 gbp....

anyway, there are quite some issues with the "re-issue":

- welded in the us, then shipped to taiwan for polishing/ballburnishing... the shipping boxes say made in taiwan...

- the frames are built for intregrated headsets, that alone is not the real thing. worst is that the finish is extremely poor, the headtube milling is not centered

- my frame and a few others came with ugly wheel and skewer marks

am sending the frame back and will ask for refund. i recommend to stay away from this product - it is just a poor marketing bubble.

see details here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=393131

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread ... 78&page=17

am really disappointed, if not to say pxssed off! had invested a lot of money into this frame and had bougth a heap of bling parts for this babe.
when i saw the frame i felt like collapsing, couldn't believe it's so poor.

my10cents
nick

funny thing about the made in the US made in Taiwan..

got an original suntour equiped zazkar (1991) in the garage...

the seat tube says 'hand crafted in the US, head tube says 'made in taiwan'

so nothing odd about those re-issues lol

rootes":hexu29gf said:

Check the serial number...someone's pullin' yer dick. :shock:

Hmmmm ... Beware my local bike shop has one - Quest in Worthing, Sussex !!! They are crap ! Total modern cheap thrown together whoopsie !! And I have good basis of comparison as I have a 92 Zask LE!! Well... I did as of today !! Sold it to a Frenchman on Ebay !! You may remember the mirror polished one on here just recently ?

Anyway, I think he's retailing at £499 but he can keep it considering I sold my entire bike with M900 XTR etc etc for £500 !!!

:cry: Miss it already !!! All that work :?

rootes":2fn274f3 said:

rootes...I'd like to see a picture of that one. 91 they were all USA! 91 decals on it or the serial number indicates it's a 91?

delboy009":2o8n7xiy said:
Hmmmm ... Beware my local bike shop has one - Quest in Worthing, Sussex !!! They are crap ! Total modern cheap thrown together whoopsie !! And I have good basis of comparison as I have a 92 Zask LE!! Well... I did as of today !! Sold it to a Frenchman on Ebay !! You may remember the mirror polished one on here just recently ?

Anyway, I think he's retailing at £499 but he can keep it considering I sold my entire bike with M900 XTR etc etc for £500 !!!

:cry: Miss it already !!! All that work :?

Don't go passing judgment on the Re-Issue frames so fast until you've either built one up or ridden one or both. They are damn nice frames.
I've seen them up close (have 2 in boxes sored away) and they are well built.

gm1230126":17ipz77e said:
rootes":17ipz77e said:

rootes...I'd like to see a picture of that one. 91 they were all USA! 91 decals on it or the serial number indicates it's a 91?

not all..

Caratti the uk importer had a few, I worked at the time for a major GT dealer in the uk and he got me one I had one of only 5 in the country at the time and it came with suntour only no shimano in sight....

that one got stolen...

the one i have in the garage is a little later and belongs to be mate.

Si

Back