Loch Ordie loop Aftermath 2009 - Macretro 24th Jan Dunkeld

kaiser":3l5vbvax said:
Gazz had womens tights on and allegedy exposed his knackers to a group of female walkers :roll:

I think its worth mentioning again that I beat gazz on that downhill section

:D

In answer to the above points-

When you have gongs the size of mine, then it is a surprise that they stay in my pants as much as the generally do.

No mention of the uphill section before the carpark kaiser? All I heard from you as I dissappeared up the hill was the crunch of gears :twisted:

clockworkgazz":efyyhxs6 said:
kaiser":efyyhxs6 said:
Gazz had womens tights on and allegedy exposed his knackers to a group of female walkers :roll:

I think its worth mentioning again that I beat gazz on that downhill section

:D

In answer to the above points-

When you have gongs the size of mine, then it is a surprise that they stay in my pants as much as the generally do.

No mention of the uphill section before the carpark kaiser? All I heard from you as I dissappeared up the hill was the crunch of gears :twisted:
:LOL:

I've reposted a tidy version in the main RetroMTB forum to try and attract more riders for the next ride.

Kaiser it was the cow skin hide that fooled me - his knackers aren't that big :)

And my foot was cold damn it! :)

Great report and pictures lads, looks great up there. So where's your next run out going to be? If it's a little further south I'll make one and see if I can gather a few of the North East group to join me.

Si

jedburgh was mentioned Dr S, which might be a good halfway house? Would be good to get together but please be warned, we do a lot of talking about riding when we ride tis not an elite class meet :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2ss6zbgk said:
jedburgh was mentioned Dr S, which might be a good halfway house? Would be good to get together but please be warned, we do a lot of talking about riding when we ride tis not an elite class meet :LOL:

Great, plenty of opportunities for a fag break then! Jedburgh is only an hours drive from my door and unexplored territory for me!

Got any dates in mind?

Si

There is a discussion at this very moment on the feb meet- it's a toss up of isle of arran or jedburgh/hawick area, think it will be the one that siuts the majority so will keep you posted Dr :cool:

Dunkeld

Hi Guys
Eventually got home on Tuesday evening!
Had a great trip. Saturday was a great day, I really had a ball. It was great to meet everyone and ogle other retro steeds. Great weather, great company and a great place to ride, life doesnt get much better than that.
Sunday at Aviemore was very wet and miserable, but a good day non the less. Monday I thought rather than go to Laggan I would ride out of Rothemurcus and into the Cairngorms. Weather was great, really clear but still minus 2 and I set off around 9.30 from the carpark at bothie bikes. I opened the van and had to decide, retro stumpy or modern stumpy, modern Stumpy it was. Up around the new trails leading up to the park itself, lots of ice and a stop for a bacon roll, then into the hills until eventually on the track to Bramaer I was turned back as it was just sheet ice with nowhere at all to get off it. I slowly made my way back through the hills and around a couple of stunning Lochs, stopping at the forestry visitor centre once again for a coffee and chocolate cake, then onto the paths to get back to my van around 3.30.
I went into Bothy bikes and got speaking to the guy behind the counter, Gordon I think was his name. Anyway I asked about a singlespeed Dave Yates sitting in the corner and he starts telling me all about it and how long hes had it etc. I mentioned about the three singlespeeds on Sat and tell him I thought about singlespeeding my old Stumpy frame. He then wheels the bike to the door and says to take the Yates out into the surrounding woods and carpark and see how I like it ! Great ride I must say and I was really hooked, so it looks like the old 94 Stumpy will be going singlespeed :roll: Thanks Gordon I really appreciated it. Hes invited me down to a single speed night ride hes organising in the spring.
Left there around 5.30 to head back to my friends at Advie just outside Grantown on spey. A long day but another great one. Tuesday I got up had some breakfast next to the river, cleaned some gear then eventually made the long, but slow drive home.
A great weekend where I think the bike gods looked kindly on me.
Thanks for the invite and your company, it was really good to meet you all and I am going to try my best to get to the Feb ride, where ever you decide.
Cheers
Jamie

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

Sounds like you had a great long weekend, it was good to meet you Jamie, me and the other bozzo's had a top day to.

I've just spent a few frustrating hours trying to get my gears on the Sbike sorted and was seriously thinking of SS it, feck it, just do the lot while I'm at it- makes life so much easier :twisted: SS it and join us at the SSUK champs in dalby, go on you know you want to.

oh aye you're no kidding about the sheet ice- love the piccies :shock:

Latest posts

Back