my afternoon in the garage!! picture heavy of what i did!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
2nd day off in a block of 4, yesterday i slept nearly the whole day as i came off a nightshift, so that was a waste so today it was bike building and swapping and re-speccing day!! :D everytime i get something new a day of moving bits around always happens! today, its work on nearly all the bikes!!!

so first, it was gear cables and tube for the ST4, then it was tube in the clockwork, then it was swapsies time! the d2 had the last of the 10 speed record removed and fitted to the condor, the veloce from the condor went on the cougar, the d2 is waiting for a couple of bits as is the cougar, then m900/rhyno lite wheels were fitted to the kona aswell as a almost nos m900 front mech, the dx front mech from the kona then went on the older clockwork and a pair of the new dart/smokes were fitted aswell!

and breathe! :D

i'm quite happy with the outcome coz it means the kona is all m900 except for the chain/cassette and headset which i don't want anyway, the condor is now all record, and it's the nice stuff from a few years ago before it went massively carbon which i think looks poo! and everythingelse i have done just leaves all the bikes working and ready to ride.

and i just paid for the aluminium O paintjob so that should be back early next week in time for my shifted 18 days off! :D (another day in the garage!)

here's some pics of the bikes in the mancave, oh and a couple of bits for future projects! :D

hope you like!

Attachments

• today in the workshop! 004resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 004resize.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 884
  • today in the workshop! 009resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 009resize.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 884
  • today in the workshop! 012resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 012resize.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 884
  • today in the workshop! 027resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 027resize.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 884
more pics! :D

this is the record mech's that i prefer, and the pics of the b/b shell and the qr lever, well you just don't see that style anymore do you?

Attachments

• today in the workshop! 028resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 028resize.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 880
  • today in the workshop! 029resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 029resize.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 880
  • today in the workshop! 031resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 031resize.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 880
  • today in the workshop! 032resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 032resize.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 880
more pics again! :D

storing my bikes is becoming an issue!!! :LOL:

and the bottom pic is the bar assembly ready for the aluminium O

Attachments

• today in the workshop! 043resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 043resize.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 876
  • today in the workshop! 045resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 045resize.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 876
  • today in the workshop! 046resize.jpg
    today in the workshop! 046resize.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 876
loving the stem & bars in the last pic :cool:

is there much control tech stuff about??

i still got one of their extruded seatposts with the rib up the centre & its pretty good :D

i got the bars of melvin on here, user name elev12 i think off the top of my head, he had a few of them at the time all NOS and only 30quid posted i think, give him a try :D

jonnyboy666":2wvxaaye said:
i got the bars of melvin on here, user name elev12 i think off the top of my head, he had a few of them at the time all NOS and only 30quid posted i think, give him a try :D

i got the same from him too! he is a good bloke to deal with.

Back