Look @ wat i just got myself !! Ti content

Nice find - was it from the bike shop not far from the Holiday Inn? Alpinestars sent me over to race in Singapore at the end of 1992 to promote their product. The AS dealer at that time had a shop very near the Holiday Inn Hotel. The race was based on the MX track and it is the only time I experienced a snake crossing the track in front me. If the frame had been lying around the shop for all those years I did a great job of promoting AS :roll: :roll:

flyingwelshman":3tg1grbf said:
Nice find - was it from the bike shop not far from the Holiday Inn? Alpinestars sent me over to race in Singapore at the end of 1992 to promote their product. The AS dealer at that time had a shop very near the Holiday Inn Hotel. The race was based on the MX track and it is the only time I experienced a snake crossing the track in front me. If the frame had been lying around the shop for all those years I did a great job of promoting AS :roll: :roll:

Hi Tim !!!!

frames not from 2 wheel action.. but but from Selegie Elite Bikes ( rem the shop along the main road ) they are bought over after 2 wheel action ( mike & dave ) sold their business..

we raced the same track then ( evian & tag huer sponsored ).. you were in expert class.. i was just a junior riding for Gary Fisher..

dont rem snakes... but defintely remembering falling into the drain crossing on my last lap
:LOL: :LOL:

think u did a good job on AS.. its just that at the time.. only the Almegas and Cromegas were available, n Ti frames are really rare n EXPENSIVE !!

Grr, I was in Singapore 3 weeks ago, but due to my sister´s illness and me taking care of her, the trip was worthless. I didn´t visit sidekick, I didn´t see a lot of bike-shops and I didn´t see a lot of Singapore either.

I was in a Bikestore near Holland road (which also has a shop at the end of oarchard road) and some specialized-shop. Not much retro to be honset, I´ve only seen some ringle stems and hubs, and a very old Merlin full-suspension frame.

Damn.

Sidekick416":18zis978 said:
flyingwelshman":18zis978 said:

Hi Tim !!!!

frames not from 2 wheel action.. but but from Selegie Elite Bikes ( rem the shop along the main road ) they are bought over after 2 wheel action ( mike & dave ) sold their business..

we raced the same track then ( evian & tag huer sponsored ).. you were in expert class.. i was just a junior riding for Gary Fisher..

dont rem snakes... but defintely remembering falling into the drain crossing on my last lap
:LOL: :LOL:

think u did a good job on AS.. its just that at the time.. only the Almegas and Cromegas were available, n Ti frames are really rare n EXPENSIVE !!

I remember that drain too - it's amazing how many bits of a track you remember even after all those years. There was defo a snake that crossed in front of me in the trees just the other side of the MX track - it was only small, but a snake is a snake in my book and I do not like them. It was a good trip, but to be honest I was knackered at the end of that season and the last thing I wanted to do was to jump on a plane and race in Asia. Anymore NOS AS stuff out there or is that a secret?

flyingwelshman I remember that drain too - it's amazing how many bits of a track you remember even after all those years. There was defo a snake that crossed in front of me in the trees just the other side of the MX track - it was only small said:
haha... small snake , no worries..

think u topped that race versus the Indonesian Bridgestone riders and someone from Kona ?

As stuffs ?? Almega XT, XTR, T26 ?? No secret.. :LOL:

Tommi74":3ktvhzcu said:
Grr, I was in Singapore 3 weeks ago, but due to my sister´s illness and me taking care of her, the trip was worthless. I didn´t visit sidekick, I didn´t see a lot of bike-shops and I didn´t see a lot of Singapore either.

I was in a Bikestore near Holland road (which also has a shop at the end of oarchard road) and some specialized-shop. Not much retro to be honset, I´ve only seen some ringle stems and hubs, and a very old Merlin full-suspension frame.

Damn.

Yeah.. i'm still holding to those stems & SRP bolts you wanted ? Deal still on ?

Pity... could have shown you ard my treasure cove :?

How the hell did I miss this thread first time around? Great find Jeff and what a bike you'll build that into.

Hi Jeff,

Excellent score mate. I'll be in Singapore at the end of February for two weeks, can you suggest any bike shops to check out?

I am not really after anything it'd just be cool to see some old kit still in a shop.

Cheers

Ed

Back