Syncros BB spindle length

IbocProSX

Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I got these nice Sycros cranks recently, what would be the correct BB spindle length? (68mm BB shell steel hardtail)

And the logo is near the pedal thread where other sets have it near the square taper end, is that to with the year?

IMG_3614.jpg

Thanks

107mm as the shimano xt m737. there is a thread in the chat forum about it. the earlier forged alloy syncros cranks had the logotype near the taper. because some broke near the engraved letters they moved the logotype down to the pedal threads. the syncros foged alloy cranks were available in polished silver and in powder coated black. all were compact bcd.

dyna-ti":33rylwby said:
i use this site for info on B/B's.
http://www.bikepro.com/products/bottom_ ... able.shtml

Lists the mtb model as 117.5 but not it seems for all chainlines,and i couldnt find anymore references to axle lengths sorry

:roll: typical,only gives you half the info needed
syncros made 2 different mtb cranks. the syncros revolution cranks and the syncros forged alloy cranks.
for the syncros revolution cranks the manual says the following:
2. Syncros Steel cranks use a 117mm bottom bracket to achieve Shimano’s recommended
chainline of 47.5mm for most triple chainring cranks. Some suspension bikes, however, have
very wide chainstays and will need a longer bottom bracket. It may also be possible to use
shorter BB spindles on some bikes.
for the syncros forged alloy cranks the manual says the following:
2. Syncros Aluminum cranks use a 107mm bottom bracket to achieve Shimano’s recom-
mended chainline of 47.5mm for most triple chainring cranks. Some suspension bikes, how-
ever, have very wide chainstays and will need a longer bottom bracket. It may also be pos-
sible to use shorter BB spindles on some bikes.

Back