'90 Team USA Klein Attitude NEW PICS 01-02-2009

That's a bit harsh lol

Horses for courses but i think if I had that frame I'd have put XT on it

Nice bike, but indeed, the seatpost looks like a fruitstick (as in the famous icecream commercial: "het is groen" ;) )

Maybe you could tear off those Mavic stickers on the rims? That would make it less modern ;)

grtz
Gène

pls don't get me wrong but the whole set-up looks kind of strange :(

very lovely frame and parts but the mix doesn't work for me :?

anyway, probably I'm hypercritical....

cheers mate

Everyone can say what they want and have their opinion on the bikes shown here on RB. Although most have the ability to use normal language and others haven't but that says more about them then about me or the bike ;) (a certain dog from the US)

I knew that a lot of you wouldn't agree on some of the components used by me, but it is my bike and up to me alone to do with it as I please and I wanted to do something else than fit the 'standard' XT or Campagnolo groupset that most other similar Attitude's are fitted with. (No offense to any of those bike-owners)

I remember buying the frame in 1990 and was asked what components to use to complete it (and it was fitted with an XT group by me, back then).
Buyers had the choice back then and still have it nowadays, so IMHO there is no good or wrong in this and it is pure a matter of taste. We all know that taste is personal, don't we? Luckily, otherwise we all would ride the same bike :D

But keep the comments on the bike coming if you want to. :D

Cheers

Yeah fight fight FIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT!!!! :oops: ;)

Anywayz, I have to say I like the bike... only that it's too big, but I always thought large sized KLEINs looked weird, dunno why. I think it's the beefy fork making the frame tubing look somehow tiny.

But anyway, I digress from the point I wanted to make... What the dude above said about getting the stickers off the Mavic rims is indeed quite a good idea. I did it yesterday on my Attitude and it looks a lot more old-skool that way (mine has simple X221 rims).

Only thing that does look off is indeed the seatpost, everything else is actually pretty nice. And looking at those red derailleurs and the blue brakes, I'd say go for a red seatpost as opposed to a white one.

And you're right about all the "standard equipped" Attitudes here, I had mine that way too, but I've been rebuilding it with nice parts. Nothing fancy but just not everything XT M730/735 schtuff anymore and when done right it makes a beauty of a bike. I did get rid of my bar-ends though, somehow from the front barends look weird on this bike :oops:

Anyway, keep up the good work. Nice to see another Team Attitude in Holland ;-) Really keen on seeing this with either a red or a white seatpost (go red go red!).

Void(EN12-82)

Please don't get me wrong on my previous comment.
I appreciate all the comments on the bike (as long it is done in a normal way ;) ) but I only wanted to state that we all prefer to do it our own way and so I've done this on my bike.

As I stated in my very first post I was not sure about the seatpost myself, and it has been replaced already, but I haven't taken new pic's of the bike with it so the old ones a still there :D
I'll take new pics asap :D

?

I made a pretty obvious joke, so don't go too far into Princess Sensitivity Land. I let the first one slide, but now I'm convinced you're trying to troll me into sniping back... :roll:

Sorry, but you built up a Pink and Green Neon Klein, with an Astro Pop seatpost, modern wheels and red anodized derailleurs with mismatched pulleys. Then, you posted it on a public forum and said, "Hey everyone! What do you think?" Well, I was being polite before, with my little quip about being color blind, but lets dust off the fluff and just come right out and say it.

That build is a waste of cables and housing. Nothing matches, nothing from the same era. Nothing works on that build. Nothing. Take it apart and start over. The seatpost is the least of your problems.

That is all. :shock: :LOL:

Attachments

• astropop.jpg
    astropop.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 802
Re: ?

utahdog2003":2nvzdyt9 said:
I made a pretty obvious joke, so don't go too far into Princess Sensitivity Land. I let the first one slide, but now I'm convinced you're trying to troll me into sniping back... :roll:

Sorry, but you built up a Pink and Green Neon Klein, with an Astro Pop seatpost, modern wheels and red anodized derailleurs with mismatched pulleys. Then, you posted it on a public forum and said, "Hey everyone! What do you think?" Well, I was being polite before, with my little quip about being color blind, but lets dust off the fluff and just come right out and say it.

That build is a waste of cables and housing. Nothing matches, nothing from the same era. Nothing works on that build. Nothing. Take it apart and start over. The seatpost is the least of your problems.

Fork, Neck, Curb. That is all. :shock: :LOL:
pretty much in your face but true.

993GT2, i like all the components you put on that beautiful frame but the mix doesn't work at all for me. vbrakes on a 1990/1991 attitude? blue and red anno parts with that frame color? mid to late 90ees parts on a 1990/1991 frame?
i don't get it, but as long as your happy it's all good :D

Inigo Montoya":3oe56was said:
pretty much in your face but true.

993GT2, i like all the components you put on that beautiful frame but the mix doesn't work at all for me. vbrakes on a 1990/1991 attitude? blue and red anno parts with that frame color? mid to late 90ees parts on a 1990/1991 frame?
i don't get it, but as long as your happy it's all good :D

You're right...I went a little overboard. :oops:

But you gotta admit, the Astro-Pop joke kicks ass. :LOL: :cool: :LOL:

utahdog2003":fc7hn2pt said:
You're right...I went a little overboard. :oops:

But you gotta admit, the Astro-Pop joke kicks ass. :LOL: :cool: :LOL:
:) yes, but communication on the internet is soooo tricky. people tend to take jokes very personal because mimic is missing in the conversation.
apart from that the kooka seatpost looks extremly cool!!! i just don't know which frame it would match. hmmm...

Back