Lights : Underrated!

Surfr":13hqy12n said:
OK so mine turned up and it's utter sh1te. barely any light to talk of. Tested it along side a single Tesco C cell Cree and you couldn't even tell when it was turned on and off. I think my batteries are in OK condition so that should not be it. In flashing mode it might be useful as an attrqactor but for seeing the road ahead its pointless.

got mine yesterday .

they are not great , but well worth £0.99 . I ordered from same seller rechrageable batteries and a USB charger .

I have 3 but only fitted one at the moment , and in total darkness it is okish . with 2 of them should be sufficient .
no good for off rad though .

Surfr":uccq6fpz said:
maybe my batteries are a bit low. I'll try them on the fluke in a minute.

dont get me wrong , they are nowhere near good enough for night riding , but for commuting , they are fine .

cchris2lou":814w2fr7 said:
Surfr":814w2fr7 said:
OK so mine turned up and it's utter sh1te. barely any light to talk of. Tested it along side a single Tesco C cell Cree and you couldn't even tell when it was turned on and off. I think my batteries are in OK condition so that should not be it. In flashing mode it might be useful as an attrqactor but for seeing the road ahead its pointless.

got mine yesterday .

they are not great , but well worth £0.99 . I ordered from same seller rechrageable batteries and a USB charger .

I have 3 but only fitted one at the moment , and in total darkness it is okish . with 2 of them should be sufficient .
no good for off rad though .

I got mine and I'm more than happy - my main worry was being able to see the kerb on an unlit dual carriageway. I have 2 mounted on the commuter, close to the stem on either side. They are fine for that, and work well as an attractor in flash mode- I noticed they were illuminating the road signs in front of me with every flash, which helped the cars behind to wake up perhaps!

They will never compete with a Cree LED - as mentioned, Cree LEDs will blow £300+ halogens away. They don't have the wattage to cut through the dark on a trail. I'll get me another Tesco torch (and remove the tab!!!) for such occasions.

99p mate. A small price to pay for total fit-and-forget visibility!

9cf722341e268f1a46251b50faa1c8c0.jpg

ce72ef04f884fc79db974003995d8fc0.jpg

67a27cb858e2c039bb9d77006b754d2e.jpg

Back