YETI FRO #809

hairstream":36o7giar said:
Please post a picture of the bottom bracket area of the bike and the inside of the rear drop outs.

Always wondered about this. Is there a way of telling your yeti's age by the drop outs? I've seen 3 types so far, the old road style ones on the very early machines, the flat plate ones and the sculptured flat plate ones with a funny profile on the back.

pete_mcc":2438xyvc said:
hairstream":2438xyvc said:
Please post a picture of the bottom bracket area of the bike and the inside of the rear drop outs.

Always wondered about this. Is there a way of telling your yeti's age by the drop outs? I've seen 3 types so far, the old road style ones on the very early machines, the flat plate ones and the sculptured flat plate ones with a funny profile on the back.

Mine are flat plate type. I can recall the first type from a Mountain Bike Action Yeti review of the FRO which I still have.
And its has 809 stamped on the BB. I will photo for info.

pete_mcc":1dap28y1 said:
hairstream":1dap28y1 said:

1985-1988: Simplex dropouts.

DSCN1452.jpg

1989-1993-ish: Normal plate style drops

DSCN0887.jpg

1993/94: Machined dropouts, like seen on this

140_4058.jpg

There's a myth that the distinction between a Pro FRO and a FRO is the machined dropouts. This is not true. My 93 PF had normal plate-style dropouts.

ameybrook wrote:
1985-1988: Simplex dropouts.
1989-1993-ish: Normal plate style drops
1993/94: Machined dropouts, like seen on this

What kind of drop outs are on the golden fleece M?

Thanks for that guys, that narrows down the age of my latest purchase a little (no frame number as a bit of work looks to have been done on the BB!)

Back