BOTM - Bit of a theme?

Hey, bit of a change for BOTM?

• Don't be stupid!! Leave BOTM alone and stop spouting rubbish!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You the man!! Good idea lets do it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sorry Jez, should have said, discussed this with Rutteger first, he spoke to John and they both thought it was a good idea :D

Wouldn't have polled otherwise, bit cheeky like. :roll:

jez-2-many-bikes":cleejm1r said:
I thought Ruteger and John had fallen out and werent talking? :shock:

Something about finding the other in their bed or something?

The real story involves a shetland pony and a bottle of absinthe but thats another story.

Ahem.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Run them both in parallel, why not?

Gump,

stick up the thread with whatever you want for the first month. Should be able to make it sticky.

Agh no, it's like the darts, which is better the PDC or the BDO... I think BOTM is perfect as it is, it's not like we're not causing debate or it's getting stale.. By creating other categories you devalue the original which I want to win 1 day, (then I can leave the site and get back to having a career ;) )

Just my 2 pennies but I love the anticipation of the thread and seeing what gets put up for voting, the whole fact you're not comparing like vs like is part of the appeal..

What about steel, titanium, alu, carbon bike of the month?
Well... What contest would a Tomac replica be supposed to enter? A titanalucabon special section, maybe?

Hilts":311py7a9 said:
Agh no, it's like the darts, which is better the PDC or the BDO... I think BOTM is perfect as it is, it's not like we're not causing debate or it's getting stale.. By creating other categories you devalue the original which I want to win 1 day, (then I can leave the site and get back to having a career ;) )

maybe it wouldn't need to be a monthly thing, just now and again. I like the idea as it is very difficult to compare bikes sometimes and so some go unnapreciated when really they're stunning examples.

An option would just be to have the one BOTM, but give it a theme every other month (for example)... So The Feb BOTM could be just for Ti, March anything goes, April Carbon... you get the idea! :)

Ziggy/Stevet - this was my thinking.

Not permanent.
Not a dilution of BOTM - it is something special after all.
But every now and then, something a little different. Eg, one mans trimble may be way different to anothers. Lets put them head to head!!

Jez - up to you if you want to set this up, I was gonna but you clearly have less work to do :LOL:

Not seen many Kleins in BOTM lately. Aside from Johns - worth a go?

Back