Saracen Kili Ultra Titanium and Look Fournales

Xesh":3eppkte7 said:
As to the Ti forks if I can get some that would be nice but how often do they come up for sale? This is the only Kili Ultra Ti that I've ever seen and I've been looking for a few years now.

I've seen a couple come up for sale in the last few years - I think one was a modern build but he had the original rigid ti forks (the only set I have ever seen). I take it that since you've also been looking for ages, you won't be selling? ;)

Corduroyboy":31b6xp7u said:
I take it that since you've also been looking for ages, you won't be selling? ;)

Hell would have to be several tens of degrees below zero before that happens. :LOL: I've wanted one of these since I saw it in the '93 catalogue. Bitd they were well out of my means to buy one.

Corduroyboy":37y9u3k0 said:

Just had a look in the '93 Saracen catalogue and it's not a '93 model. The one pictured is polished and not matt. In addition the '93 model has a seatstay mounted cable stop for the rear brake and not the "macaroni" the my one may have had.

I did email Saracen and asked them if they could give me any more info but they weren't especially helpful. They said that they couldn't tell me which model year it was and that the frame number had no relation to when it was manufactured. :?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the frame number was based on the year of manufacture as well as the batch number. If not how do they know which frames to recall if they have a problem with them? :?

Xesh":2sdieiim said:
Corduroyboy":2sdieiim said:

Just had a look in the '93 Saracen catalogue and it's not a '93 model. The one pictured is polished and not matt. In addition the '93 model has a seatstay mounted cable stop for the rear brake and not the "macaroni" the my one may have had.

I did email Saracen and asked them if they could give me any more info but they weren't especially helpful. They said that they couldn't tell me which model year it was and that the frame number had no relation to when it was manufactured. :?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that the frame number was based on the year of manufacture as well as the batch number. If not how do they know which frames to recall if they have a problem with them? :?

'94 ;)

:LOL:

Has to be one or the other. I had a '94 Kili XTR Elite which was identical to the '93 model I have now. I don't believe for a minute that the 93 in your frame number is coincidental. Could be a '94 model manufactured in '93.

Oh, and the Saracen of today is a very different company to the Saracen of yesteryear. They clearly don't give a rat's about mountain biking now...

Back