Shall I strip it or not?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I need to shift this green Zaskar frame.... Its looks like the lovely green paintwork is putting people off ( cant think way :LOL: )

need some bucks ...So thinking of stripping the paint off, polishing up and putting a bike together with bits I have which will be a little more appealing?

How good and easy is this nitro stuff to use? Also if (knowing my luck) its a anodised frame.... Will that be removed too or is that what I will be left with?

Thanks

daj

I vote dont do it!

I like the colour theres too many zask's around any way, and 99% of them seem to be silver, its good to be different!

Nitromors for stripping paint-
Paint it on with a paintbrush working it into all the tight areas,leave it to work for about 10-15 mins,then rinse it off ,repeat till its all gone,fine steel wool on the difficult areas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drain cleaner[caustic soda] :shock: -for removing anodizing
paint it on with a paintbrush but dont allow it to stand,keep working it with the brush and rinse off repeat till its all gone

Both these products should be applied while wearing rubber gloves as they burn the skin,a bucket of cold water nearby is handy to plunge your hands in to neutralize the acids if you get any on your hands
Goggles are optional though i'd recommend wearing them as its hard to cycle when your blind :shock:

I can see what your saying Rob and quite agree but its like the house doctor program ... changing something to make it appeal more to sell is a different thing to changing for personal pleasure :?

Its in lovely condition and quite honestly I think if it was the usual run of the mill polished up BB frame it would of gone long ago?

What I am cagey about is making a arse of it and been left with a mess

dyna-ti":o4wn99on said:
Nitromors for stripping paint-
Paint it on with a paintbrush working it into all the tight areas,leave it to work for about 10-15 mins,then rinse it off ,repeat till its all gone,fine steel wool on the difficult areas
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
a bucket of cold water nearby is handy to plunge your hands in to neutralize the acids if you get any on your hands

Acids :?: ;)

If it were mine I'd strip the paint, polish it with Autosol and Brasso, apply a fresh decal set, attempt to sell it on here for a week, and if no luck on here Ebay it.

Good safety advice Dave. I would add if you are going to use Nitromors or Caustic, do it outdorrs on a breezy day. They both give off fumes that you don't want in your lungs! Why strip off perfectly good paint though?

Back