MacRetro chat and rides thread

Reeeeeeeeeeeet its official then, 28th Feb Jedburgh border hoping sortie

All right guys here's the plan for this Saturday (31st). We'll do the loop which gazz and I did before Christmas which takes in the stretch of the West Highland Way up to Glengoyne distillery and then loop back along the path which skirts the Campsies. My mate Ian reckons he knows a better way out of Blanefield which will avoid the worst of the road section which gazz and I ended up doing last time.

If we could all meet at the wee car park on Clober Road which is here http://www.multimap.com/s/sqZA2I5C then Ian has said that any and all who want to are welcome to have a coffee and wash their bike at his before the drive home.

Setting out time will be 9 for 9.30.

Any questions then let me know.

I should be good for that, how long did it take us last time?

Just need to be home sharpish as the good lady is off visiting pals in the afternoon, was it about 2.5 hrs?

Great route everyone, well worth the trip.

Now off to see what the wind speed will be on sat? :LOL:

I should be up for this, depends on two things, getting my car running at the weekend (just done the headgasket) if Kaiser isn't going (who could maybe pick me up)

Also getting the bike fixed as the rear hub body has expired, recon i rode too close to AC's bike on Saturday and picked up some bad hub MOJO from his bike :LOL: , have a shi*ty Halfords wheel i can rob the hub body off so hope that will fit, with the car etc cant really afford to spend any more money this week :(

I'll probably no make it this Saturday, last post was a spot of not thought too deeply enthusiasm, I have a lot of other stuff I should be doing this Saturday.

Mind you you never know but if I'm not there or I have not called Gazz on his mobile to tell you to wait then surmise I'm not coming.

Cheers

Velo

Check us oot we got sticky :twisted:......... and renamed for some reason?

jimihendrix":3f1jsuuj said:
Also getting the bike fixed as the rear hub body has expired, recon i rode too close to AC's bike on Saturday and picked up some bad hub MOJO from his bike :LOL: , have a shi*ty Halfords wheel i can rob the hub body off so hope that will fit, with the car etc cant really afford to spend any more money this week :(

I have a NOS 8 speed LX freehub body, never been out the box. Can't remember what year it is though, it was bought for one of the first parralax hubs and never fitted.

You're welcome to it if it'll fit, just means that you'll be the one frantically rebuilding your hub before the ride this time. ;) :LOL:

Back