Forest of Dean - MARCH 15TH - The return

If your planning on a 30+ miler you need to get over to the Soudley side. There,s some great riding over this side of the forest that rarely gets ridden except by locals in the know. If you are heading over this way, let me know and I'll show you round. Not fit enough at the mo to tackle a classic myself but got enough miles in the legs to show you guys around this side of the forest.

Glad to see that our last guiding trip hasn't put anyone off.

If anything, the ranks have swelled !! Hope we can live up to the hype for this one. FOD Killer Loop anyone ?

Hey Del !!

How are you? Its looking like a good turnout :D

Dont think there is enough interest for a killer loop party mind? So you may have to muster up another cracking route like last time with the pub stop? :D

Dave

could be up for this again, need to check the diary but I think I'm good to go. Interested in the big ride :D

Im in the pup stop sounds good. ive not rode the fod since 2000 (when i was working for noahs ark) the long loop would be good if its not at a great speed

Well so far only two have mentioned doing the long route?

I have been told for killer loop will take approx 6 hours at a good social pace but will have no short cuts back to camp?

I think that given the mixed ability these rides tend to attract, the best routes tend to me shorter, with lots of 'opt outs' for those who wish to hit the showers early or have other commitments.

Yep I think its the way to go, If there was a good 50/50 interest in it but 2 out of 20 odd so far? :?

I think everyone had a good time last time the way it was didnt they?

f o d ride

my cinder cone goes to paint this week, hopefully finished in time.if it does it will be a rigid singlespeed, so i dont know how i will get on?? so short rides sound good cheers kirbdug

Back