Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Changed my mind about selling does anyone want to swap this for a 19/20" bike as i fancy a change?

Attachments

• ABCD0003 (Small).JPG
    ABCD0003 (Small).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 3,296
Has anyone got any old Saracen catalogues they can scan and put into the manufacturers archive in the scans section please?

I've just got hold of a couple of NOS frames off ebay. They are definitley early to mid nineties cro-mo frames, one with the pierced top tube and one without. No decals and just a matt black paint job.
I'll be powder coating and building them both up but it'd be good to get an idea of what year to make them period correct.
One looks like the same frame design as the Sahara (pictured earlier in this thread and again below), but doesn't have braze ons for the seat QR.

The other looks like it could be very similar to the Protrax (also pictured below)

Any help from all you Saracen lovers would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• saracen protrax.jpg
    saracen protrax.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 3,252
  • saracen sahara.jpg
    saracen sahara.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,252
my Protrax its on here already from the previous owner but now its mine all mine :twisted: :cool: :D put on flat bars and a nos saracen stem :D

Attachments

• s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 3,234
here's mine!!

Now I found this great site I can show you my new ride,
Its a Saracen Protrax frame as far as im aware and its very light a tad over 2kg and with double butted tubes from what I can see, Im running as a SS and really like this bike, the frame give a very nice ride much softer than my GT Alloy frame. I have now managed to get the gearing so I dont need a tensioner anymore.

Does anyone know what tubing these Protrax frames are made of

picture020ro9.jpg

Hi bone_idle, and welcome to Retrobike. Just wondering whether your bike is one of the eBay Bankrupt Surplus bikes that you can get for about twenty quid? Due to the weather I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered, but they look pretty good.
What do you reckon?
Cheers

Yes its one of the ebay frames , im sure its the Protrax though, its very light and the tubes are butted you can see it under close inspection. They ride very sweet lots of twang. I am very please with it so far, I have been riding it for 3 hours every sunday for the last 5 weeks, the geometry quite slack though just check ou my head tube angle.

Re: here's mine!!

bone_idle":7ptlmc2j said:
Now I found this great site I can show you my new ride,
Its a Saracen Protrax frame as far as im aware and its very light a tad over 2kg and with double butted tubes from what I can see, Im running as a SS and really like this bike, the frame give a very nice ride much softer than my GT Alloy frame. I have now managed to get the gearing so I dont need a tensioner anymore.

Does anyone know what tubing these Protrax frames are made of

picture020ro9.jpg

looks like a protrax :D great tange db frame light but strong! :D

Back