MacRetro chat and rides thread

I think we must try and knock off all the 7 stanes this year, they are now the iconic centres of Scotland for many. Some of the dumfries & Galloway ones could be done in quick succession due to their proximity.

Arran is good as all the services are linked into one hub ie Brodick but if your a poor sailor we can wait for potentially less stormy times.

Jedburgh's Justice Trail that I've banged on about in the past would be a good one to attract those from Northumberland. Does mean a long haul for West coasters and Northerners though but the Ken seems keen.

Justice trail circles Jedburgh allowing many bail out points and is a mix of old school paths/tracks and purpose built single track with all the trimmings.

Also I've found a small trail near Hawick about a 6miles loop in total with a 2 mile loop of purpose built single track called the Cauldron. Might be an easier nearer alternative still close to England border that could attract Cumbrian bikers as well. The trails on the same B road as Newcastleton but further north and close to Hawick. I'll try and check it out if I can be bothered this weekend and if the weather lets me, there is a danger of snow at the weekend in that area.

So what about provisionally thinking of Jedburgh for Feb meet in say roughly 3-4 weeks giving everyone enough time to work their ticket. We could have say another venue as a backup just in case of foul weather such as the more central Carron valley or the Cauldron if its any good.

Say your piece or take the piss, the choice is yours.

Cheers

Velo

I've voted, Dave I do not know as he is off ill with either man-flu or the real thing :roll:

Ignore my previous post if Arrans the favourite, I like Arran muchly :D

Cheers

arran would be my choice but will go with the majority.

Ken could you e-mail me the full version of the panarama shot of the bikes at the loch wall- it makes a fab desktop but the small piccie does degrade when enlarged?

gary(at)jgw.biz

cheers mate

are your ballls still loose AC?

Aye they are indeed :roll: :LOL:

Just a way out to the garage to survey the damage and...gasp...clean the bike! :LOL:

Looks like it'll be a wee Mugdock jaunt on Saturday, meet at Ian's at 9ish if that's good for you gazz. If anyone else is interested then PM me and I'll give you the address where we'll be meeting.

The Northumbrians are meeting up with The House of York in late Feb but providing there is no date clash we'll be well up for Jedburgh. Arran sounds ace too but would have to be later in the spring for me. How are the midges in March- April?

Si

Midges should not be out in March but will probably be about by April :(
Mind you they seldom bother me :D

Give us dates for when you English types are available for Jedburgh and we could think of integrating you into our plans :D

Jedburgh looks a good way of cementing cross border relations.

Could put Arran on hold till the Spring.

I'm up for anything, Arran or Jedburgh sounds good, will have my car sorted at the weekend so can make it if Kaiser is'nt allowed out to play :D

May I suggest a date? That of the weekend 28Feb/1Mar? Either or for me too :D

kaiser":32rvi8sl said:

Sounds good to me. Plenty of time to get the Defiant ready for it's debut ;)

Si

Dr S":2lv266g1 said:
kaiser":2lv266g1 said:

Sounds good to me. Plenty of time to get the Defiant ready for it's debut ;)

Si

Cool :D So 28th or the 1st at Jedburgh? Prbably the 28th, velo Saturdays suit better no?

Back