retro kona explosif!

Maybe in US , probably not in this country .

It is a good year but Kona are not that rare , they were produced in large numbers .

Explosif

It's me!

You are right and you are wrong!

I'm having to sell it and the rest of my bikes to see me through a money drought. Yes someone would pay £500 for it! I did! Thats why the £500 reserve. I'm not over the moon about selling it so I am not going to sell it at a loss.

And yes, Konas were sold in large numbers - even more so nowadays - but have you ever seen a 1988 Kona? Not even an Explosif, maybe a Lava Dome, or Fire mountain? From 1994 Explosifs regularly crop up and are far from rare. I've even seen a couple of '91 Explosifs internationaly on eBay but 1988?

Anyway, if it sells It would be a great help but a sad loss. If it doesn't sell at least I will know I haven't sold it for a loss and spend the rest of my days trying to track down another one!

It is always annoying to sell one of our bike .

It is heartbreaking .

Good luck with the sale , and if it doesnt sell well done for keeping it !!!!!!!!

Yes Adam. Cant you think of another way of somehow keeping it? Like - remortgage, sell wife, etc.

Just I hate it when someone is forced to sell stuff they love.

Tearful.

Boo hoo

Thanks for the emotional support chaps - how about a retrobike bereavment support group for all those wonderful bikes we now regret selling!

Don't worry - I've gone past tearful, melancholy and angry and am now in the philosophical stage! As was mentioned, if it doesn't sell at least I won't be kicking myself for letting it go for a song and if it does it wold be huge help.

On a positive note, the money drought will be over one day and when that day comes I will stand in my empty garage and plot what to fill it with...(jump to dream bikes thread! )

Back