AR*EHOLE SCAMMER ON EBAY !!!! SELLING 'MY' BIKE FOR ME !!!!

digitalkreation":2f6jy300 said:
Please don't shoot me, but I'll play devil's advocate a minute..

Is it possible he has the same bike, and liked your picture so much, he (or she) chose to use it to represent the bike being sold?

I know, still not right, but would explain the feedback a bit..

The "contact me only via this email address, not via eBay" etc. is the obvious giveaway of a scammer.

Regarding copying pictures, you could write your name across them like so many eBayers do.

I often copy pictures for small items though if the item is new!

GarethPJ":5zq65vzo said:
shirley the scammer

Ahh, the notorious Shirley! Scammed a mate of mine out of his house, and he's still paying for the kids, if its the same women ;)

GarethPJ":3667mew7 said:
delboy009":3667mew7 said:
User name was - greatjane46 but I have just been speaking with them and its not actually them that was doing it !! .... Basically they have had their account hi-jacked like peeps have already mentioned !!

Playing devil's advocate for a mo, a fraudulent ebayer in this situation would claim their account had been hijacked wouldn't they? Just like filesharers claim their wifi has be hacked when they get caught.

If the account has been hijacked how did you get in touch with them, shirley the scammer has changed the contact details? After all the scammer wouldn't want people getting in touch with the real account owners would they?

The person who's account they stole spoke with me on the phone so im pretty sure a nice 60 year old lady is not my scammer !!!! Anyway the prat has tried it on yet agian this time hi-jacking another account !! Yet again weve had it stopped by Ebay !!!

Also who tries to sell an Original Klein Attitude (20 available) on a 28 day listing !!! Dick Head .....

If anyone see's it again would you be so kind to let me know ;)

Thanks guys ..

Del

delboy009":3667mew7 said:
the hijackers email however is -

lewisempire@hotmail.com

So if you fancy sending any abuse like I already have, help yourself !!!!

;)

Won't help. A scammer would have everything other than stuff from Paypal dumped to trash automatically.

GarethPJ":18wnnql5 said:
chris667":18wnnql5 said:
Incidentally, if it's the blue one, the listing will be cancelled if you say you might end the listing early. The bastards that run Ebay are nearly as bad as the scammers.

They will only do that if somebody complains. And even then it's a slow process because there is no specific complaint category for that, so it needs a human to read the complaint.

They were ultra-rapid (less than an hour) in removing my ad for my Saab alloys because I used the phrase "...advertised elsewhere" - even though they are actually advertised elsewhere. So how am I supposed to reflect this in the ad - if some bloke off the Saab site comes up with the cash after there are bids?

J i m s t e r":1mvt7n0i said:
They were ultra-rapid (less than an hour) in removing my ad for my Saab alloys because I used the phrase "...advertised elsewhere" - even though they are actually advertised elsewhere. So how am I supposed to reflect this in the ad - if some bloke off the Saab site comes up with the cash after there are bids?

Somebody must have complained. I had one of my listings removed for including the dreaded "advertised elsewhere, reserve the right to end early" stuff. And yet I've had many others before and since with exactly the same phrase that have run to the end. So it isn't an automated system.

every time i complain to ebay about a dodgy ad (quite a lot lol) its pulled within a couple of hours regardless of the time of day/week,i suspect its a pc that pulls most of the ads if they have had a complaint against them.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
stew-b":dfyl132i said:
every time i complain to ebay about a dodgy ad (quite a lot lol) its pulled within a couple of hours regardless of the time of day/week,i suspect its a pc that pulls most of the ads if they have had a complaint against them.

They do have an automated system based on complaints received. As I understand from what I've read the system uses some sort of heuristic scanner for phrases linked with the nature of a the complaint. If that fails then it gets passed on to a human being.

I know it's not fully automated because I have complained about listings that haven't been subsequently taken down.

I had this hapen about two years back with a Xizang listing...some guy in China copied it and tried listing it there....different listing number was how I figured it wasn't mine so I reported it and a day and a half later it got pulled.

Latest posts

Back