AR*EHOLE SCAMMER ON EBAY !!!! SELLING 'MY' BIKE FOR ME !!!!

they do it by hijacking someones account, the name listed is possibly ignorant to all of this...

Happened to a guy at my work, his hotmail account got hijacked and then his ebay account using the details he had left there, ebay spotted the issue sorted it out quickly, as he was suddenly sellling 30 PS3's when he had only sold baby gear previously.

W W Biffta":2po2xbrc said:
i know he will probably just change it, but what was the user name? i always thought you needed to register a bank account to sell on ebay, assumed it was pretty safe that way. also quite a strange thing to try an rip people off for. cheers for the heads up

User name was - greatjane46 but I have just been speaking with them and its not actually them that was doing it !! .... Basically they have had their account hi-jacked like peeps have already mentioned !! the hijackers email however is -

lewisempire@hotmail.com

So if you fancy sending any abuse like I already have, help yourself !!!!

;)

Please don't shoot me, but I'll play devil's advocate a minute..

Is it possible he has the same bike, and liked your picture so much, he (or she) chose to use it to represent the bike being sold?

I know, still not right, but would explain the feedback a bit..

delboy009":2n77dg3p said:
User name was - greatjane46 but I have just been speaking with them and its not actually them that was doing it !! .... Basically they have had their account hi-jacked like peeps have already mentioned !!

Playing devil's advocate for a mo, a fraudulent ebayer in this situation would claim their account had been hijacked wouldn't they? Just like filesharers claim their wifi has be hacked when they get caught.

If the account has been hijacked how did you get in touch with them, shirley the scammer has changed the contact details? After all the scammer wouldn't want people getting in touch with the real account owners would they?

delboy009":2n77dg3p said:
the hijackers email however is -

lewisempire@hotmail.com

So if you fancy sending any abuse like I already have, help yourself !!!!

;)

Won't help. A scammer would have everything other than stuff from Paypal dumped to trash automatically.

Incidentally, if it's the blue one, the listing will be cancelled if you say you might end the listing early. The bastards that run Ebay are nearly as bad as the scammers.

chris667":1fjwi2mx said:
Incidentally, if it's the blue one, the listing will be cancelled if you say you might end the listing early. The bastards that run Ebay are nearly as bad as the scammers.

They will only do that if somebody complains. And even then it's a slow process because there is no specific complaint category for that, so it needs a human to read the complaint. A lot of the categorized ones have require no human intervention, the complaint kicks off an automated process that looks for combinatinations of words and phrases that would indicate the auction does actually fit into those criteria.

Anyway you may not realise it but "advertised elsewhere reserve the right to close the auction early" is widely used as code for "make me an offer outside ebay". The etiquette for these ads is to ask the seller how much the item is advertised elswhere. They respond with the asking price. You say done, and you've "bought it now" with ebay getting nothing but the few pence it cost to list the item. Not that my old Peugeot was obtained in that way, you understand.

When i sold my Bravado on there a month or so back another one appeared within a week. It had my photo's and my description on it but a different price tag. I complained to Ebay about the ad and they removed the pictures and reworded the ad to remove anything to do with me.

Back