1992 Kona Explosif

Superb colour match, well would not expect anything less from DeKerf. Looking forward to the updates on the build.

Cheers
Matt

paint

Lovely build. i've a fire mountain in similar colour. I note

"Paint DeKerf. Matched to factory lime green"

I don't suppose youv'e got the paint code, as I'm struggling to find touch up paint for the chips ?

Re: paint

bobgarrod":1l2epzs8 said:
Lovely build. i've a fire mountain in similar colour. I note

"Paint DeKerf. Matched to factory lime green"

I don't suppose youv'e got the paint code, as I'm struggling to find touch up paint for the chips ?

I'm unsure really of just how they managed to match it whether it be a sample taken of the overspray in the head tube or through Dupont. Either way I doubt it would match your Fire Mountain perfectly, my advise would be to take the bike to a paint shop and ask them to color match you some touch up. I've seen guns that they can put directly to the paint and 'scan' the color to a computer. That is what I would do.

No word from the decal guy yet, but my wheels are off being built and the headset and shocks are fitted too. Thanks for the comments it's getting closer...

Paint

Thanks for the reply and help.

Luckily i found some model paint which was pretty close. I've mixed it with some car paint and come pretty close. Only neeeded for touch up and not a complete rebuild.

I'm building it as a hack bike with mixture of what's in store and new /old parts.

Unfortunately flash has washed out the green colour.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,275
Update time

Ok this is taking forever. This is my first true retro build (in my opinion), do they usually take 10 months?
I'm getting close anyway. I changed my mind about the ti velocity and sold it to replace with a control tech quill stem, 130mm. I also changed out the Brodie bar for a hyperlite. I still haven't made up my mind about the cranks, I'm thinking tune cranks.

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3872.jpg

Back