Eastern Region meet - Thetford - 25th Jan

Cracking ride, if a little damp and muddy. I'm too knackered to do a proper write up, so, to sum it up:

Wet :x
Muddy :evil:
Slippy :LOL:
Fast Singletrack :D
Slow Singletrack :shock:
My Knees Hurt :!:
Good Food :D
Excellent Company :D
When's the next ride :D

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, looks like my camera phone doesn't like the wet

Attachments

• muddy-thetford-002.jpg
    muddy-thetford-002.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 854
  • muddy-thetford-003.jpg
    muddy-thetford-003.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 854
  • muddy-thetford-004.jpg
    muddy-thetford-004.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 854
  • muddy-thetford-005.jpg
    muddy-thetford-005.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 854
A few more

Attachments

• muddy-thetford-006.jpg
    muddy-thetford-006.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 852
  • muddy-thetford-007.jpg
    muddy-thetford-007.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 852
Great ride chaps......even if I died on the second loop!

Will we ever have a dry ride at Thetford? My washing machine now officially hates me :LOL:

cracking pics the second from last looks so wrong where marks hand is (thank you for not comenting) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: kev it thetford i think there is a cloud that lives there and waits for use to come play :LOL: :LOL: and my mum now hates me and my muddy washing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: im now going to bed guys thanks for another excellent retrobike meet :D :D :D :D :D :D

Had a superb day as usual, and really good to see everyone. Hope we see alot more of Mark and Paul. Couple of pics

Attachments

• 25012009_001.jpg
    25012009_001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 826
  • 25012009_003.jpg
    25012009_003.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 826
Another excellent Thetford ride, enjoyed the conditions a lot more than expected when I got up to a morning of heavy rain. Good to have a couple more people join in as well.

See you all next time.

My joints still ache from yesterdays excursions but at least I can keep my eyes open today.

Here is my attempt at a post ride write up ...

Rain lashed the windowpane as I awoke, not a good sign, checking RB no one had pulled out of the ride so a quick breakfast and out the door. When I arrived Paul introduced himself, he is one of Cannondale Kings customers from his bike shop, an experienced roadie but novice MTB rider, this ride was going to be a baptism of fire. The rest of the RB crowd gathered and headed for the cafe for pre-ride coffee and munchies. We could not put the inevitable off any longer and headed outside for last minute faffing and headed to the trails.

Staying on the Brandon side we headed for some familiar singletrack, searching out new trails rewarded us with fast smooth flowing singletrack, we ended up at the bottom of the long fireroad climb up to Mayday Farm. Riding a singlespeed I decided to forge ahead to keep my momentum and to give myself a head start on the rest. It was a tough long climb; I was blowing by the end. Heading over the road towards Mayday Meadow we picked up the Black Route and followed it down to Howes Pit (or The Beaker Breaker as it has become known). A few dodgy runs into the pit proved that it was too slippy for any daredevil stunts today. We headed down The Beast and MX Trail to get back to the Brandon side for lunch.

Sausage, bacon & egg bap - food of the gods!

Letmetalktomark pass expired and left shortly after lunch, the rest of us headed over to High Lodge side for a go at the Red Route. To say it was wet and slippy is an understatement, CK and I had a go at synchronised two wheel drifting on the fast open run, which makes up the first section. The trails reminded me of the conditions we had during D2D back in October last year, the only difference was that it was not dark. The conditions made the going really hard work for all; we cut short the red route and headed back to Brandon.

Overall it was a brilliant day, enjoyable despite the weather and mud. Many thanks to all who made the effort to come.

Chris

Back