Sunn build what do you think? BY STONER

as bduc61 has hinted, there was always a bit of a french-canadian influence thing going on with sunn I thought- syncros finishing kit, raceface cranks etc, so they were never that euro.

As for the ESP versus shimano debate, my urge (sounds funny in writing) came with ESP 9.0 front mech (still working 10 years later), XT rear (just resurrected for the gf's and seemingly fine). So a mix and match approach was also going on, aswell as the catalogue listing either a shimano OR sram setup.

As for the Obsys forks, I have a set in storage though I'd be loath to part with them to be honest, and I doubt many will come up. In all honesty, they were never that great to ride, even a decade back. It might be a travesty, but I ride mine with pace forks (either rigid or sus, and even with a modern rc31 that is too long, and all suit perfectly). Another reason I'd not want to part with the forks is that I'm hoping to get another sunn frame soon, which they may suit.

Let's see some pictures though once you get it built up, and let us know how the softail is nowadays :)

toadoftoadhall":2y07o50f said:
Where's the picys ?

Right here my good man.

P1010153.jpg

(yes I know the bars are at an odd angle :p )

I swapped the stealths out for the RC36 proclass irvines, I think the red sort of suits it. And I have been looking for somewhere to use all my red stuff for ages!.

looking good...

i think toadie is on to a new trend in retro builds... adding colourful forks

be great when the bike is finished like'in the red bits :D

Latest posts

Back