Scunthorpe Area Ride - Sunday 22 February

Am ok but sore! Went down like a sack o spuds after swerving out the way and loosing the front end and into the middle of the road.

Anyone heard from Steve (chewedpencil) lately?

I havent seen him on here for an age......and I texted him a few days back, still no reply :?

nearly time boys,mjm i was thinking meet at pitwood,quibell woods,atkinson warren,flixboro,dragonby mines then if theyre not fubared,broughton woods then back into scunny

what do you think? :D

longun":1ejv8w7y said:
nearly time boys

Looking forward to this!

Just picked up a 36t for the Tequesta (currently 32t), so will be running 36 x 18. D'ya reckon this will be ok?

(if I dont bring the Stumpjumper ;) )

tbh,i dont know lol,still aint rode my ss lol,should be fine,ill await marcus's answer tho :D

Looking forward to this also. Riding Dr.S's ride the day before so will be steady away on this one. A full weekend of retro riding! Does it get any better?

longun":3o747sp1 said:
nearly time boys,mjm i was thinking meet at pitwood,quibell woods,atkinson warren,flixboro,dragonby mines then if theyre not fubared,broughton woods then back into scunny

what do you think? :D

Sounds good matey,noticed the other week new 'no entry' signs in Broughton woods and even a few fences,haven't been in there for about 2 years so was a bit suprised I thought this was public land and used to be the most legal stuff we rode,any ideas what happened?

Pickle":2epwhyay said:
longun":2epwhyay said:
nearly time boys

Looking forward to this!

Just picked up a 36t for the Tequesta (currently 32t), so will be running 36 x 18. D'ya reckon this will be ok?

(if I dont bring the Stumpjumper ;) )

I ride around here on either a 32x17 or 34x18(which actually measure the same gear really),if you're a bit of a gear masher 36x18 will probably be ok but we do have a few hills that I stuggle with but have got up in a 32x16,thought me knees were gonna pop out though :oops:
For referance I got round the red route at Dalby last Saturday on 32x17 without any problems in 2.5 hrs(2hrs5mins being my best in summer on full sus with gears and dry trails),so I'd always er on the lower gear side,just learn to spin at 120rpm+ :D
By the way whatever did happen to chewedpencil? I thought this was his ride :?

Back