A little yarn...

Dr.Robotnik

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just thought I'd type this out to give anyone who has had something similar happen and who had no choice but to take it (its happen to me before don't worry)...

Last night I finished work and went to unlock my bmx, only to find that someone had stolen my seat and seat post. I was livid. I immediately went to find security and ran into them round a corner 5 metres away. Apparently they'd had reports of some youths stealing bike bits in the area and were on the look out.

Their radios squawked and said the thieves were heading off campus. The two security guards then started ambling off in that direction. I kept pace for a yard or two next to them, practically track standing, until I could take it no more and took off up to the main exit from uni. They weren't there so I headed back on the outside of uni to where I knew they'd been, only to find my mudguard discarded by an exit into an underpass by the hospital.

I KNEW they were down there so I charged into the underpass on my bike without a thought. As I got down there I saw at the other end a group of lads fixing bikes and knew I'd found the culprits. I charged up to them and whipped my phone out calling the Police and effing and blinding. A big lad with a multi-tool in one hand and a seat and seat post in the other stepped up to me and told me they had nothing to do with my missing seat. He swiftly got put in his place and then I spotted my seat on another guys bike. I turned on him with the full brunt of my fury and he sheepishly said "don't call the cops mister, just take it back" (hilarious in hindsight). I had no means of doing so and told them, so the big lad with the tool came over and I got him and the other guy to refit my parts for me.

Now with my adrenalin going and my parts returned I started to wonder where the Police and security were, being outnumbered 5 to one and small talk out of the question, I instructed them with a lot of profanity to get jobs and went to get back up.

Once I'd got back to security (who at the time were walking in the wrong direction :roll:) they then made me stay with them until the Police came. The Police were predictably useless, got lost and had to ring for directions 3 times, meanwhile the lads had a lucky escape. Thankfully I got my stuff back and didn't become a statistic as is so often the case in Nottingham.

Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers.

nottingham , surprised you didnt get machine gunned down :shock: :LOL:

you did the right thing though , back in the day people didnt do that kinda stuff for fear of the general public giving them a good hiding . now everyone is scared to confront fookers doing the wrong thing they go about it without a care

id have given a slap round the back of the head

Good result that you got your stuff back and handy that they were the sort of middle class scallies who break as soon as you point out the error of their ways.

I'm not surprised the police were rubbish. What do we pay them for :twisted: In London they just drive round in cars. doing nothing. Nice money if you can get a job like that. I stay well away from London Police. useless is the kindest word I can say about them. And as for the diplomatic police. A very comfortable life they have indeed. I feel my dislike of this lot of over paid F**king W**kers building up. So time to sit in the dark. And count to 10. :(

Glad you got your stuff back :D

perry":3sblsjis said:
nottingham , surprised you didnt get machine gunned down :shock: :LOL:

I got shot in Nottingham. I was doing a survey in Sneinton Hermatige (?) and actually got shot.

:shock:

I have to go to Sneinton from time to time with work :shock:

Never been shot... yet!

Yup. It went in a sufficient distance to warrant needing my pocket knofe point to dig it out. That had to wait until I had extracted a sufficient revenge upon the little scroat that plugged me.

:oops:

Confession time.

Bless me for I have sinned, it it some time since my last confession. When I was a student, late one night some of the chaps and I removed all the QR saddles from the bikes in the bike shed then planted them outside in the grass. There was lots of drunken giggling and in the morning it looked like a load of saddle shaped mushrooms had popped up. If anyone here was affected, I am sorry and am truly ashamed of my childish antics.

my sister in law the other year rang the filth as she had some youths in her garden throwing stones at the windows.....she was alone in the house with two young kids all shitting themselves at 2am....

the filth.....we have nobody who can come out, cant you get a relative to come?

Mind you...the cops had the time to call me at 2am to say my sister in law needed me to go down as there are youths causing bother in her garden....!!!!!!!!!!

what set of wankers! I went down and luckily they had gone. Had to stay there a while to make sure all was clear then go to work the next day almost dead on my feet.

I have since told my sis in law if this happens again to ring up the filth and instead say she has just been out of her house and seen a car with an out of date car tax disc in it...they'll be there in seconds.

I BLOODY HATE THE ROZZERS

Back